Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Movie Review: When "I Still Believe" isn't enough
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 22, 2013
That’s Julie LeBreton in between Huard, star, and Scott, director, of “Starbuck,” a French-Canadian delight that is rolling into select cities over the next month. My review of it is here. An adorable movie about a lazy lout (Huard) who … Continue reading
Here’s the latest red band trailer for “Kick Ass 2,” with more Chloe Moretz than Aaron Johnson, and the return of Christopher Mintz-Plasse.
Sounds absurdly far-fetched, but even ol’Sundance could use a big payday, now and then. Robert Redford, according to Deadline.com, is in talks to take a role in the “Captain America” stand-alone sequel, “Winter Soldier.” He’d be “a senior leadership official” … Continue reading
At long last, a sketch comedy film for those who found the later “Scary Movie” installments, and “Movie 43” to be entirely too highbrow for their tastes. Is there an app for that? A collection of racially insensitive and sexually … Continue reading
Weekend Box Office: “The Croods” to Hollywood’s rescue? Will “Spring Breakers” blow up? Does Gerry Butler have a hit in him?
This looks to be a pretty big weekend for theatrical box office, with Hollywood rolling out movies that will hit several corners of the audience squarely in their sweet spot. “The Croods,” the first big kids’ cartoon of the new … Continue reading
It’s due out this summer, July 26. And in case you hadn’t noticed, they’re running into the same sorts of problems titling Hugh Jackman’s various adventures of “The Wolverine” that “The Dark Knight” folks ran into. There was “Wolverine,” (“X-Men: … Continue reading
It’s Friday, which means I’ll be chatting up up a long laundry list of new movies hitting theaters this weekend. We’ll break down “The Croods,” “Olympus Has Fallen,” “Spring Breakers,” “Admission,” “Stoker,” “Murph: The Protector” and at The Enzian this … Continue reading