Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Lucy Hale flees drug smugglers in the desert, a "Borrego" chased by lobos
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: December 2018
You want to make a producer’s eyes do the dollar sign dance, make the star of her or his low-budget film a STAR after that indie film has finished shooting. The folks behind the Brit dramedy “Adult Life Skills” can … Continue reading
Young Robertson has a moment that will break your heart. But this is Kelly’s picture, playing a simmering vortex of resentment and hurt, a man who has spent his life making threats, leaning on violence to get what he wants … Continue reading
Warner Brothers is awash in cash this last weekend of 2018, as “Aquaman,” its latest DC comics blockbuster, tallies another $50 million+ and closes in on $200 since release ($188-190s by New Year’s). That’s on a par with WB’s “Wonder … Continue reading
One thing you learn in this business, never write a good actor off. Whatever trap he or she has fallen into, whatever their overhead has become that drives the sorts of payday pictures they make, the good ones are never … Continue reading
In the realm of “I TOLD you so,” but you’d rather send hate notes because I pan a movie with murky “seizure inducing” visuals than consider that somebody with 35 years reviewing experience knows what he’s talking about — there’s … Continue reading
Any worries — expressed in other reviews — that “Vice” would render the monstrously Machiavellian Dick Cheney “sympathetic” in an effort to understand him seem misguided.. The title of Adam McKay’s broad-based take-down of the ruthless ex-vice president is “Vice,” … Continue reading
Documentary director turned feature filmmaker Ondi Timoner (“Dig!”) directed this controversial bio-pic about the controversial photographer who created controversy wherever he went in the ’80s — especially Cincinnati. It stars former Doctor Who (Matt Smith) in the title role, with … Continue reading
The third time doesn’t prove to be the charm for the funnyman pairing of Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly. The “Step Brothers” struggle to find much in the way of laughter in being the latest to send up that … Continue reading
Mr. Peele has found his sweet spot — horror — and his sweet spot time to release — March. This “Us” trailer has a couple of jolts, one provided by rabbits. Damn. Lupita Nyong’o, Winston Duke, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and … Continue reading
Documentary Review: “Untouchable” looks at the wide range of sex offenders, and the narrow box the legal system puts them in
Major chutzpah points to the creators of the award-winning 2016 sex offenders’ rights documentary “Untouchable” for putting their movie into theaters post #MeToo. A film criticizing the endless parade of laws, often named for children whose molestation, kidnapping, assault and … Continue reading