Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The Future is bleak, the end is nigh in Swedish sci-fi "Aniara"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: October 2013
Alex Gibney, an unblinking truth-seeker among documentary filmmakers, sets out to expose and eviscerate Lance Armstrong, who lied to so many for so long. Piling on? Maybe. Gibney (“Taxi to the Dark Side,” “Casino Jack,” “Wikileaks”) promises to show us … Continue reading
The new movie “Diana,” about “The People’s Princess,” has not been greeted with open arms. Well, not in Britain. Not by British critics. The huffing and sneering from the chattering-reviewing classes has been deafening, and downright personal. “Atrocious and intrusive,” … Continue reading
Catching this pre-release to do an interview with somebody in the cast. Since I once spent over three hours interviewing the great Bruce Dern (a reaaaaaal talker, that one), I am angling for Will Forte, who plays the put upon … Continue reading
Weekend Movies: Decent reviews for “Ender’s Game,” “About Time,” “Man of Tai Chi,” mixed for “Last Vegas,” “Free Birds” pounded
“Ender’s Game” — the 1985 novel by Orson Scott Card — finally makes it to the big screen in a Summit (“Twilight”, and they had “Hunger Games”) release, a potential franchise in the making. The reviews for this sober-minded slog … Continue reading
“Free Birds” is more proof, as if 2013 needed it, that Hollywood has almost killed the animated goose that laid the golden egg.No matter that in this case, the goose is a turkey. You didn’t need to be told that. … Continue reading
Yeah, I watched “How I Met Your Mother” up to and past the point where it jumped the shark. I a checking in on it, still, to see how they resolve it and wrap things up at the end of … Continue reading
Paddy is a widower who spends his lonely days watching TV in his bathrobe. Sam can barely summon the energy to wisecrack about the aged wrecks who share the pool in his jazzercise for seniors class. Archie has a post-stroke … Continue reading
Will “About Time” turn Domhnall Gleeson into a movie star? At 30, the redheaded son of the great Irish actor Brendan Gleeson, brother of Brian (“Snow White and the Huntsman”) seems on the cusp of it, parked front and center … Continue reading
Some movies are simply too strange to put into theaters. That seemed to be the fate of “Mr. Nobody,” a trippy, existential sci-fi romance that premiered at the Toronto Film Festival — in 2009.But with Jared Leto’s turn in “The … Continue reading