Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Documentary Review -- "Billie Eilish: The World's a Little Blurry"
- Movie Review: Tom Holland, a medic turned addict/bank-robber -- "Cherry"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Have you seen "Nomadland" yet? Make a plan, make it happen.
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: October 2013
Alex Gibney, an unblinking truth-seeker among documentary filmmakers, sets out to expose and eviscerate Lance Armstrong, who lied to so many for so long. Piling on? Maybe. Gibney (“Taxi to the Dark Side,” “Casino Jack,” “Wikileaks”) promises to show us … Continue reading
The new movie “Diana,” about “The People’s Princess,” has not been greeted with open arms. Well, not in Britain. Not by British critics. The huffing and sneering from the chattering-reviewing classes has been deafening, and downright personal. “Atrocious and intrusive,” … Continue reading
Catching this pre-release to do an interview with somebody in the cast. Since I once spent over three hours interviewing the great Bruce Dern (a reaaaaaal talker, that one), I am angling for Will Forte, who plays the put upon … Continue reading
Weekend Movies: Decent reviews for “Ender’s Game,” “About Time,” “Man of Tai Chi,” mixed for “Last Vegas,” “Free Birds” pounded
“Ender’s Game” — the 1985 novel by Orson Scott Card — finally makes it to the big screen in a Summit (“Twilight”, and they had “Hunger Games”) release, a potential franchise in the making. The reviews for this sober-minded slog … Continue reading
“Free Birds” is more proof, as if 2013 needed it, that Hollywood has almost killed the animated goose that laid the golden egg.No matter that in this case, the goose is a turkey. You didn’t need to be told that. … Continue reading
Yeah, I watched “How I Met Your Mother” up to and past the point where it jumped the shark. I a checking in on it, still, to see how they resolve it and wrap things up at the end of … Continue reading
Paddy is a widower who spends his lonely days watching TV in his bathrobe. Sam can barely summon the energy to wisecrack about the aged wrecks who share the pool in his jazzercise for seniors class. Archie has a post-stroke … Continue reading
Will “About Time” turn Domhnall Gleeson into a movie star? At 30, the redheaded son of the great Irish actor Brendan Gleeson, brother of Brian (“Snow White and the Huntsman”) seems on the cusp of it, parked front and center … Continue reading
Some movies are simply too strange to put into theaters. That seemed to be the fate of “Mr. Nobody,” a trippy, existential sci-fi romance that premiered at the Toronto Film Festival — in 2009.But with Jared Leto’s turn in “The … Continue reading