Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
Find a Movie Review
Category Archives: Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news
I used to be more sentimental about Christmas movies, how Santa came off on screen and all that. “Bad Santa” cured me of that. Mr. Harbour has had a few shots at big screen glory. This one doesn’t have Marvel … Continue reading
It was one of the BIG factors in this being the “worst Thanksgiving box office weekend ever.” A Steven Spielberg movie opening with about $3.5 million over FIVE days is kind of unheard of, too. A half-decent (but only half) … Continue reading
It takes a special kind of “creativity” to see this news story and think, “That smells like BOX OFFICE.” How it took 38 years to make it to the screen is anybody’s guess. Feb. 24.
“Reviewing” entails watching a movie, taking notes on it and then using those notes and your memory, your tastes, your idea of touchstone performances, screenplays, directing, editing and production design, to form an opinion of the film and its many … Continue reading
“EO” is an odd animal’s life odyssey that takes the point of view of its mute, occasionally-braying title character, a donkey. It’s a picaresque adventure never far from the dark shadow that hangs over domesticated animals in the service of … Continue reading
Scrawny, cadaverous and creepy, actor Javier Botet has graced many a chilling moment in Hollywood horror films — “The Mummy” and “It” and “Conjuring 2” among them. The man has a marketable “look.” But he achieves something like a break-out … Continue reading
Top tip for watching “Lesson Plan (Plan lekcji),” a new thriller available on Netflix in its original Polish (with subtitles) or dubbed into English. Don’t look away from the screen to check your phone or dash into the kitchen for … Continue reading
If you like your horror movies slasher-graphic and Ancient Greece demonic, has Shudder got a thriller for you. Well-cast, cleverly plotted and just psychological and suspenseful enough, “A Wounded Fawn”is a serial killer thriller with an art world setting and … Continue reading
Of course, the QUADRUPLE threat who just passed WON her Oscar for writing a song, not acting in a film, singing in a film and dancing in a film. She co-wrote the lyrics to “What a Feeling.”
When you’re forced to serve up cinematic cheese, a certain enthusiasm in the performance can atone for some of the sins of the screenplay. That’s the nice way to get into “Fantasy Football,” a kids’ movie about a tech nerd/gamer … Continue reading