Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The sap almost drowns Lautner's "Run the Tide"
- The Best Films of 2016
- Movie Review: "La La Land" triumphs over bland -- eventually
- Critics Choice Awards nominations -- the Oscar field is in this list, more or less
- Movie Review: Ford and Ferrari make racing a grudge match in "The 24 Hour War"
- Movie Review --"Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV"
- Movie Review: "Manchester by the Sea"
- Movie Review: "Lion" turns a Google Earth ad into an inspiring epic
- Movie Review: Horror crosses cultures in "The Eyes of My Mother"
- Movie Review: Will Michael Shannon finally "get the girl" in "Frank & Lola"?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 2, 2013
It cost a reported $195 million, and needed to make a lot of that back on its opening weekend. The high end of speculation about its potential — 3D prices and all — was about $30 million. Now it looks … Continue reading
The Big Dreamworks Spring cartoon this year is “The Croods,” about a family of cave men, cave women and cave teens. Fox is distributing it, and since Fox has had a lot of luck with Ice Age movies, well, this … Continue reading
In “Emperor,” the post-World War II occupation of Japan drama, Matthew Fox plays the brigadier general given the responsibility of investigating Emperor Hirohito’s involvement in the war, his knowledge of war crimes, and as the divine head of state, his … Continue reading