Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: "At Night Comes Wolves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 26, 2013
The money moment in the French-Canadian dramatic comedy “Starbuck” is set in a hotel conferance room. Over 140 young people, co-plaintiffs in a lawsuit aimed at revealing to them who the sperm donor was who is the father of them … Continue reading
I missed this the night it happened, but this video from Franco’s appearance on the Letterman show gets at a couple of truisms. Franco, as I re-discovered on interviewing him re: “Spring Breakers,” is no dumb actor, no matter how … Continue reading
He makes movies. He’s good in them. A couple have been hits. He can sing. He can dance. He’s good in live situations, funny and quick on his feet. Yeah, I would LOVE to see Neil Patrick Harris host the … Continue reading
The earliest reviews are leaning positive, though they seem fanboy heavy at this point. We know it’s almost two hours long, and that there’s a BIG cast to service, giving everybdy his or her screen time. Dwayne Johnson now has … Continue reading
You sit in a darkened room and images on a screen in front of you connect you to a story that is not your own, but that becomes yours. And if it’s working, you lose yourself in it. That sounds … Continue reading