Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 26, 2013
The money moment in the French-Canadian dramatic comedy “Starbuck” is set in a hotel conferance room. Over 140 young people, co-plaintiffs in a lawsuit aimed at revealing to them who the sperm donor was who is the father of them … Continue reading
I missed this the night it happened, but this video from Franco’s appearance on the Letterman show gets at a couple of truisms. Franco, as I re-discovered on interviewing him re: “Spring Breakers,” is no dumb actor, no matter how … Continue reading
He makes movies. He’s good in them. A couple have been hits. He can sing. He can dance. He’s good in live situations, funny and quick on his feet. Yeah, I would LOVE to see Neil Patrick Harris host the … Continue reading
The earliest reviews are leaning positive, though they seem fanboy heavy at this point. We know it’s almost two hours long, and that there’s a BIG cast to service, giving everybdy his or her screen time. Dwayne Johnson now has … Continue reading
You sit in a darkened room and images on a screen in front of you connect you to a story that is not your own, but that becomes yours. And if it’s working, you lose yourself in it. That sounds … Continue reading