Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Netflixable? Shailene and Felicity are connected by "The Last Letter from Your Lover"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: July 2021
Sept 17 this doc about a musical bio documentary of the musician, gay icon, signature guitar line star St Vincent comes out and we find out where “things went horribly wrong.” For once, you can’t blame that on the casting … Continue reading
Much and all due respect to the gent who did “Hamilton” and that “In the Heights” New York tuner that opened back in June. But “Summertime” is the musical of this summer. It bounces and tickles and touches and shares … Continue reading
This intrigues…and opens August 6.
We can tell the minute the “old friend” shows up, back in the remote corner of West Virginia where he grew up, that he’s trouble for Cole. Terry (Cosmo Jarvis) talks too loud and too freely and knows way too … Continue reading
The teaser trailer doesn’t tell us much — generations of women, Penelope Cruz of course, babies, life… But how much does it need to tell other than it’s Almodovar? “Madres Paralelas” is about to premiere at the Venice FFest. Sony … Continue reading
The sci-fi fantasy that’s a meditation on age that finishes with a juvenile “let’s try and EXPLAIN this” finale managed $16.5 million. Pop the (cheap) champagne at Universal. Paramount didn’t hide their piece of crap “Snake Eyes” from all critics, … Continue reading
A rich eccentric finances an artiste’s latest movie “blockbuster” sounds silly enough. But that cast!
A few things hamstring the “Affair to Remember-ish” romance “The Last Letter from Your Lover,” a Netflix film adapted from the Jojo Moyes novel. One is casting. Shailene Woodley and Felicity Jones are marvelous, as one would expect, with Woodley … Continue reading
A resurging pandemic in parts of the country, and very weak new releases are adding up to a blase weekend for the movie box office. Well, that and the “streaming/theatrical” model that so many films are opening under these days. … Continue reading
A not-exactly-torrid, not particularly romantic “torrid romance,” “Curiosa” takes us back to 19th century Paris, when the camera and indoor plumbing were new, and sexual mores seemed in a mad rush to catch up. This French melodrama, loosely based on … Continue reading