Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 6, 2013
American voices such as Gillian Anderson, Christina Hendricks, Anton Yelchin, Aubrey Plaza (“Safety Not Guaranteed”) and many others do the voices in this nostalgic coming-of-age romance. “From Up on Poppy Hill” opened in Japan in 2011, and goes into limited … Continue reading
“Wreck it Ralph” looks to come in around $450 million, when all the counting is done in all the movie markets of Planet Earth. “The Hobbit: Part 1,” didn’t do well with critics, but cleared the $1 billion mark worldwide … Continue reading
Love that Tina. Love that Paul. A rom-com with them co-starring in it? I’m there. But “Admission” is a lot more complicated than that. She’s an Ivy League admissions counselor who stumbles into a Princeton prospect who might be a … Continue reading
Gerwig, cute and perky and confused and not quite getting it together. Mickey Sumner, the daughter of Sting. And the perfect David Bowie song for the soundtrack to the trailer. The director of “The Squid and the Whale” co-wrote … Continue reading