Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Movie Review: Junkie faces up to a tough task -- "Killing Eleanor"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: February 2019
One-time “Starship Trooper” Casper Van Dien gets off easy in “Chokehold,” a bloody, bomne-snapping B-movie set in the world of off-the-books “no rules” mixed martial arts brawling in Arkansas. Van Dien’s character is killed off in the first act. Top … Continue reading
Here’s the movie that will probably own June. As this latest X-Men adaptation brings the gang back one more time and opens June 7.
Far too many movies about teens, sexuality and growing up relegate the adults to afterthoughts. The kids have to work it all out for themselves, because in the movie’s universe, the grownups are distracted, self-absorbed, overworked or worse. The moment … Continue reading
Netflixable? “Losers” shows us the darkness, and the rewards of coming up in short in sport’s biggest moments
The heavyweight boxer who took a title, but so wished to not be a fighter that every time he stepped into the ring,, he”wished that the city got hit by a massive blackout, or a f—–g tornado,” anything to save … Continue reading
People are still working themselves into a tizzy of outrage over who winds up winning Hollywood’s annual popularity contest and laughably inaccurate recognition of cinematic excellence. Spike Lee reminds us that he hasn’t mellowed with age, taking all the acceptance … Continue reading
Long long ago, before he became a Harry Potter character or was immortalized on “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” before his reliable-Liverpool character actor years in films and TV shows and films from “Finding Neverland” to “Robinson Crusoe” to “The Last Kingdom” … Continue reading
A post plastic and chemical “return to farming the way it was,” holistic, green, climate saving? Or just a bunch of hippy dreamers? Cute trailer for this wide release doc.
Saw this trailer attached to “Arctic” the other day. A mid-April release from Bleecker Street, this one seems poppish and could go either way. But we are intrigued.
Screen Media is releasing this “cursed” production, which once starred Jean Rochefort and Johnny Depp? It’ll reach theaters, then, not under a more prestigious studio’s banner. We know of a “one night only theatrical event,” which is Screen Media’s specialty, … Continue reading