Top Posts & Pages
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- The voice on that World Series TV ad for Joe Biden?
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: "Medium Cool" paranoia for the Internet Age -- "American Thief"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? James, Thomas, Hammer and Dowd make a new "Rebecca"
- Book Review: Val Kilmer's intentionally, and unintentionally revealing memoir "I'm Your Huckleberry" is a fun read
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: April 2018
Even today, over 100 years after its release, you can’t call yourself a film buff if you haven’t seen “The Birth of a Nation.” Yes, it is overtly racist with scenes to make all but the most virulent white supremacist … Continue reading
You can eat the sausage, but who really wants to see how it’s made? The state of high school hoops in America — blue chip prospects ID’d as tweens, recruited to “high school” superteams that aren’t high schools at all, … Continue reading
Virtually every time I have interviewed Terry Gilliam, the conversation turns to “the unluckiest filmmaker in the movies.” Take all of Orson Welles’ problems finding financing, twist them into constant studio interference leading to “The only movies I can make … Continue reading
Gott in himmel, vas ist los? A gay German “Beguiled” spoof built on comically over-the-top womynist/leftist revolutionary rhetoric? Oh, it’s from Bruce LaBruce, Ontario’s boundary-bending icon of the queer cinema. He’s made movies about a young into MUCH older men … Continue reading
I mean, “actuals” come in tomorrow, and although it does appear “Avengers: Infinity War” was cleared the $248 million or so “The Force Awakens” erupted with, the estimates could be a couple of million off. But right now, $250 million … Continue reading
A PETA approved horror film? Just kidding. I kid. I mean, meat-eating tourists stop at the wrong diner, order the wrong meal, and next thing you know, THEY’RE on the menu. Hans Stjernswärd directed this one. Not sure of release status … Continue reading
It’s the one thing scientists and space entrepreneurs can agree on. That the commercial push into space could very easily be driven by the hunt for resources we use up on Earth. With the Chinese buying mineral mines of every … Continue reading
Marvel’s money-minting machine cranks up the hype and pulls in the faithful again with “Avengers: Infinity War” blasting off to the second biggest opening weekend ever. “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” still holds the all time US opening weekend record. … Continue reading
The Verge has a piece on Moviepass’s new restrictions to its “A month of movies at one low low price” ticket packaging that lays out what I’ve been wondering about this “deal” all along. A movie a day for $10 … Continue reading
Preview, Ben Foster teaches his daughter to “Leave No Trace” in this Survivalist drama from Team “Winter’s Bone”
Alyssa McKay plays the daughter Dad (Ben Foster) leaves behind when he’s nabbed in the public forests of Oregon in this story of living off the grid and on the edge of existence. It has “Winter’s Bone” bones. Same director. Yup. … Continue reading