Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: May 2020
A middling indie horror thriller, thanks to closed cinemas and open drive-ins, is making box offce history. “The Wretched” is breaking box office records thanks to its drive-in movie theater run, per Variety. https://t.co/RP9cuqurTs https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1266844332486569984?s=20
“Space Force” pops out of the Netflix logo as instantly awful, like a politically-pointed all-star “Saturday Night Live” sketch that never made it on the air — five hours worth. It’s a riff on America’s new “Space Force” that bludgeons … Continue reading
Oh, to fall under the murderous gaze of horror novelist and short story icon Shirley Jackson and survive. That’s how Elisabeth Moss makes one feel about living with, being judged and bullied by the formidable, boozy and unstable creator of … Continue reading
A lawyer for some of the survivors of Jeffrey Epstein uses the perfect phrase to describe what this pedophilia and sex trafficking ring really was. “It was a molestation pyramid scheme,” attorney Brad Edwards says, noting the way “recruiters” working … Continue reading
There are a lot of ways to appreciate this run of bloody minded B movies Mel Gibson has been starring in since his meltdown. He still gives great value, even as an aged tough guy, and being a director he … Continue reading
Movie Preview: “VIENA AND THE FANTOMES” puts Dakota Fanning on the road with ’80s punks such as Zoë Kravitz
Caleb Landry Jones and others co star in this taste of the roadie life during the punk era.
Some thrillers work simply by hewing closely to the Thriller Rules. Don’t waste our time. Pacing equals “urgency” and urgency is what makes the pulse pound. Raise the stakes and keep them high. Give us twists we never see coming. … Continue reading