Top Posts & Pages
- Of Cage and "Pig" and the "Northern Exposure" connection -- Adam Arkin
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Documentary Review: White Privilege and Immigrant hunger team up for soccer in "Hood River"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Netflixable? A critical piece of "erased" history -- "The Chickasaw Rancher"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: May 2020
A middling indie horror thriller, thanks to closed cinemas and open drive-ins, is making box offce history. “The Wretched” is breaking box office records thanks to its drive-in movie theater run, per Variety. https://t.co/RP9cuqurTs https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1266844332486569984?s=20
“Space Force” pops out of the Netflix logo as instantly awful, like a politically-pointed all-star “Saturday Night Live” sketch that never made it on the air — five hours worth. It’s a riff on America’s new “Space Force” that bludgeons … Continue reading
Oh, to fall under the murderous gaze of horror novelist and short story icon Shirley Jackson and survive. That’s how Elisabeth Moss makes one feel about living with, being judged and bullied by the formidable, boozy and unstable creator of … Continue reading
A lawyer for some of the survivors of Jeffrey Epstein uses the perfect phrase to describe what this pedophilia and sex trafficking ring really was. “It was a molestation pyramid scheme,” attorney Brad Edwards says, noting the way “recruiters” working … Continue reading
There are a lot of ways to appreciate this run of bloody minded B movies Mel Gibson has been starring in since his meltdown. He still gives great value, even as an aged tough guy, and being a director he … Continue reading
Movie Preview: “VIENA AND THE FANTOMES” puts Dakota Fanning on the road with ’80s punks such as Zoë Kravitz
Caleb Landry Jones and others co star in this taste of the roadie life during the punk era.
Some thrillers work simply by hewing closely to the Thriller Rules. Don’t waste our time. Pacing equals “urgency” and urgency is what makes the pulse pound. Raise the stakes and keep them high. Give us twists we never see coming. … Continue reading