Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 16, 2013
Spring Break – it’s every bit as much fun as you think it is. Until it isn’t. “Spring Breakers” is Harmony “Gummo” Korine’s fever-dream of something he never experienced – an orgy of sand, sin and snorting that is only … Continue reading
Rare is the artist who drops into the culture, fully formed and utterly self-created. There were influences, nature and nurture, that shaped them. That’s what the new film “Leonie” is about. Leonie Gilmour wasn’t a great artist. She took up … Continue reading
In a movie review aggregator world dominated by the Warner Brothers owned Rotten Tomatoes, there are only a couple of worthwhile challengers to the “tomatometer” tilt of whether a movie has earned a consensus of good reviews or bad. It’s … Continue reading
She’s never been box office. But if the audience I saw Halle Berry’s “The Call” with the other night was any indication, she’s got a crowd-pleasing thriller on her hands. And Friday night’s box office take is backing that up. … Continue reading
Ed Koch’s timing failed him, on occasion. The New York mayor was very late reacting to the AIDS crisis, tin-eared and overstayed his welcome in city hall. And he died in February, at age 88, just before Neil Barsky’s entertaining, … Continue reading