Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Bale and Damon, "Ford v Ferrari"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Netflixable? Prepare to be blindsided by "Face 2 Face"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? As this story is from Spain, "The Influence" ("La influencia") just might be a witch
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 16, 2013
Spring Break – it’s every bit as much fun as you think it is. Until it isn’t. “Spring Breakers” is Harmony “Gummo” Korine’s fever-dream of something he never experienced – an orgy of sand, sin and snorting that is only … Continue reading
Rare is the artist who drops into the culture, fully formed and utterly self-created. There were influences, nature and nurture, that shaped them. That’s what the new film “Leonie” is about. Leonie Gilmour wasn’t a great artist. She took up … Continue reading
In a movie review aggregator world dominated by the Warner Brothers owned Rotten Tomatoes, there are only a couple of worthwhile challengers to the “tomatometer” tilt of whether a movie has earned a consensus of good reviews or bad. It’s … Continue reading
She’s never been box office. But if the audience I saw Halle Berry’s “The Call” with the other night was any indication, she’s got a crowd-pleasing thriller on her hands. And Friday night’s box office take is backing that up. … Continue reading
Ed Koch’s timing failed him, on occasion. The New York mayor was very late reacting to the AIDS crisis, tin-eared and overstayed his welcome in city hall. And he died in February, at age 88, just before Neil Barsky’s entertaining, … Continue reading