Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 16, 2013
Spring Break – it’s every bit as much fun as you think it is. Until it isn’t. “Spring Breakers” is Harmony “Gummo” Korine’s fever-dream of something he never experienced – an orgy of sand, sin and snorting that is only … Continue reading
Rare is the artist who drops into the culture, fully formed and utterly self-created. There were influences, nature and nurture, that shaped them. That’s what the new film “Leonie” is about. Leonie Gilmour wasn’t a great artist. She took up … Continue reading
In a movie review aggregator world dominated by the Warner Brothers owned Rotten Tomatoes, there are only a couple of worthwhile challengers to the “tomatometer” tilt of whether a movie has earned a consensus of good reviews or bad. It’s … Continue reading
She’s never been box office. But if the audience I saw Halle Berry’s “The Call” with the other night was any indication, she’s got a crowd-pleasing thriller on her hands. And Friday night’s box office take is backing that up. … Continue reading
Ed Koch’s timing failed him, on occasion. The New York mayor was very late reacting to the AIDS crisis, tin-eared and overstayed his welcome in city hall. And he died in February, at age 88, just before Neil Barsky’s entertaining, … Continue reading