Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: January 2022
This looks terrific, intrigues involving Israeli occupation security forces getting Palestinians to rat on each other March 4, from IFC.
Bill Cosby was an artist who “changed the world,” “America’s Dad,” an icon of stand-up comedy, a breakthrough TV performer with Emmys and Grammys and national recognition in every field he moved into. He was a tireless education activist in … Continue reading
This one comes to theaters Feb. 4, Friday, and streams/downloads/VODs Feb. 8.
David Blue Garcia directs this reference the old/chainsaw in the new reboot/sequel. Great cell phone “cancel culture” joke. Check it out. Feb. 18, Leatherface is reborn on Netflix.
When it comes to gumshoe cinema, I have a pretty high tolerance for the cornucopia of cliches that are the bread of butter of of the genre. “Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang,” “Rogue’s Gallery,” anything based on a Raymond Chandler novel … Continue reading
One can almost see the wheels turning in the ancient and esteemed British production company, The Rank Organization, the interoffice muttering that leads to inter-office memos and then to major — or minor — motion pictures. “Oy! What’s this? United … Continue reading
Another $11 million for Sony’s Spider, another $7 and change for Paramount’s “Scream.” Bupkiss went to the few other limited releases, “Clean” among them.
A chef and his new lady-love pursue his dream of his own restaurant and their very own “Michelin star” in “A Taste of Hunger,” a Pinteresque Danish melodrama as frosty as flash-frozen ginger. It’s built around “Game of Thrones” hunk … Continue reading
The only thing I remember about “The Hit” is how much Siskel & Ebert raved about it back in the day, that “day” being 1985. An Island Pictures release that didn’t make it to “the provinces,” especially the province I … Continue reading
This looks properly cheesy, if not as funny or fun as one might hope. Sometimes they don’t give away the store in the trailer, tho. So there’s hope. “Uncharted” the treasure hunt thriller opens Feb. 18.