Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Documentary Review -- Remembering "Tiny Tim: King for a Day"
- Movie Review: A deep dive into Sugar Baby Life -- "Sugar Daddy"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 4, 2013
Apparently. Still trying to get my mind around him showing up in a new “Star Wars” trilogy, and then this comes up. He’ll sort of do a version of the grizzled vet of the airwaves he played in “Morning Glory.
Hirohito sat on the Chrysanthemum Throne and ruled Japan through wars with China and World War II. But at the end of the war, there were two emperors in Tokyo. Douglas MacArthur, Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers, ruled Japan … Continue reading
A James Franco/Mila Kunis/Michelle Williams “Wizard of Oz” prequel with Sam Raimi at the helm is “tracking,” according to Deadline.com, for an epic $80 million or more opening weekend. A lackluster 2013 (down 24% in February alone) could be rescued … Continue reading
Stanley Kubrick spent the latter part of the 1960s — post “2001,” pre-“Clockwork Orange” — pulling together a movie about Napoleon. How else do you follow the groundbreaking “2001: A Space Odyssey” — a titanic undertaking that reinvented the genre … Continue reading
Krisha Shenoi made this, which is making the viral rounds. Well done.