Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 4, 2013
Apparently. Still trying to get my mind around him showing up in a new “Star Wars” trilogy, and then this comes up. He’ll sort of do a version of the grizzled vet of the airwaves he played in “Morning Glory.
Hirohito sat on the Chrysanthemum Throne and ruled Japan through wars with China and World War II. But at the end of the war, there were two emperors in Tokyo. Douglas MacArthur, Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers, ruled Japan … Continue reading
A James Franco/Mila Kunis/Michelle Williams “Wizard of Oz” prequel with Sam Raimi at the helm is “tracking,” according to Deadline.com, for an epic $80 million or more opening weekend. A lackluster 2013 (down 24% in February alone) could be rescued … Continue reading
Stanley Kubrick spent the latter part of the 1960s — post “2001,” pre-“Clockwork Orange” — pulling together a movie about Napoleon. How else do you follow the groundbreaking “2001: A Space Odyssey” — a titanic undertaking that reinvented the genre … Continue reading
Krisha Shenoi made this, which is making the viral rounds. Well done.