Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: M. Night gets his chutzpah back with "Split"
- Movie Review: "20th Century Women"
- Movie Review: "The Babadook"
- Movie Review: Nobody lost any sleep photocopying "Sleepless"
- The Pixar "One Universe Theory" explained
- Movie Review: Bus driver/poet finds inspiration all around him in "Paterson" New Jersey
- Movie Review: "La La Land" triumphs over bland -- eventually
- Movie Review: Sons are tested when dad takes them to the "Edge of Winter"
- Movie Review: "The Accountant" can't quite balance his books
- Movie Review: "The Physician"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 4, 2013
Apparently. Still trying to get my mind around him showing up in a new “Star Wars” trilogy, and then this comes up. He’ll sort of do a version of the grizzled vet of the airwaves he played in “Morning Glory.
Hirohito sat on the Chrysanthemum Throne and ruled Japan through wars with China and World War II. But at the end of the war, there were two emperors in Tokyo. Douglas MacArthur, Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers, ruled Japan … Continue reading
A James Franco/Mila Kunis/Michelle Williams “Wizard of Oz” prequel with Sam Raimi at the helm is “tracking,” according to Deadline.com, for an epic $80 million or more opening weekend. A lackluster 2013 (down 24% in February alone) could be rescued … Continue reading
Stanley Kubrick spent the latter part of the 1960s — post “2001,” pre-“Clockwork Orange” — pulling together a movie about Napoleon. How else do you follow the groundbreaking “2001: A Space Odyssey” — a titanic undertaking that reinvented the genre … Continue reading