Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "La La Land" triumphs over bland -- eventually
- The Best Films of 2016
- Movie Review: "Lion" turns a Google Earth ad into an inspiring epic
- Movie Review: "Manchester by the Sea"
- Movie Review: Horror crosses cultures in "The Eyes of My Mother"
- Movie Review: Ford and Ferrari make racing a grudge match in "The 24 Hour War"
- Movie Review: The sap almost drowns Lautner's "Run the Tide"
- Movie Review --"Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV"
- Movie Review: "The Physician"
- Critics Choice Awards nominations -- the Oscar field is in this list, more or less
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 4, 2013
Apparently. Still trying to get my mind around him showing up in a new “Star Wars” trilogy, and then this comes up. He’ll sort of do a version of the grizzled vet of the airwaves he played in “Morning Glory.
Hirohito sat on the Chrysanthemum Throne and ruled Japan through wars with China and World War II. But at the end of the war, there were two emperors in Tokyo. Douglas MacArthur, Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers, ruled Japan … Continue reading
A James Franco/Mila Kunis/Michelle Williams “Wizard of Oz” prequel with Sam Raimi at the helm is “tracking,” according to Deadline.com, for an epic $80 million or more opening weekend. A lackluster 2013 (down 24% in February alone) could be rescued … Continue reading
Stanley Kubrick spent the latter part of the 1960s — post “2001,” pre-“Clockwork Orange” — pulling together a movie about Napoleon. How else do you follow the groundbreaking “2001: A Space Odyssey” — a titanic undertaking that reinvented the genre … Continue reading