Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: December 2013
A Japanese tale of corrupt cops and mob machinations, kind of “The Departed” like in tone if not scale? “Beyond Outrage” opens Friday.
Love, loneliness, sex and revenge — among the 60ish of Santiago. “Gloria” opens in limited release in Jan.
Margo Martindale comes off as this bluff Earth Mother, sassy and droll, a woman who’s heard it all. Cast her as an aged barmaid, a cynical aunt, a grumpy mother or grandmother and let her drop a few bon mots … Continue reading
One. More. Time. It looks like a grizzled old guys who get it done sort of NFL movie — behind the scenes, general manager (Costner) making deals, getting threatened by players, the coach (Denis Leary, yeah), the owner (Frank Langella), … Continue reading
“Frozen” continues to pile up the cash in a film field devoid of other cartoons, coming in second over the five day Christmas weekend — over $40 million. That adds up to almost $250 million in total domestic box office … Continue reading
“Wolf of Wall Street” opened strong on Wednesday, and is neck and neck with the almost-as-long “The Hobbit” sequel for the big prize on this year’s contested holiday box office race. “Smaug” appears to have collected a couple of hundred … Continue reading
The oft-told Japanese tale of the “47 Ronin,” disgraced samurai who regained their honor by avenging their dead master and sacrificing themselves in the process earns an ignominious Keanu Reeves reconfiguring this holiday season. An endless recession, a tsunami and … Continue reading
“Grudge Match” is a sort of “Punchy Old Men”, a slow-footed high-concept comedy that pairs up the screen’s greatest pugilists, circa 1981, for a few slaps and a few laughs. DeNiro and Stallone square off as aged boxers brought back … Continue reading
A grim chapter in Navy SEALs history earns a heroic, no-punches-pulled accounting in “Lone Survivor,” an above average action outing for Mark Wahlberg & Co.Based on the true story of the ill-fated SEAL Team 10 and a mission that went … Continue reading