Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams -- "The Fugitive Kind"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 11, 2013
The big music first/film promotion second SXSW is underway, but the big films being hyped there are being pitched to critics like myself, seeing them basically at the same time, as they have “talent” traveling to Texas to talk up … Continue reading
A judge has struck down New York’s Nanny State effort to ban supersized sugary soft drinks. And the city’s theater operators are elated. Selling $.25 worth of soda in a $9 cup is a big part of their business model.
This generation’s scariest Frenchman has got to be Vincent “Mesrine/Black Swan” Cassel, who gets another workout on the other side of the law in Danny Boyle’s “Trance.” He’s got to be menacing, scary to James McAvoy, the art auction house … Continue reading