Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Bale and Damon, "Ford v Ferrari"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Netflixable? Prepare to be blindsided by "Face 2 Face"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? As this story is from Spain, "The Influence" ("La influencia") just might be a witch
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 11, 2013
The big music first/film promotion second SXSW is underway, but the big films being hyped there are being pitched to critics like myself, seeing them basically at the same time, as they have “talent” traveling to Texas to talk up … Continue reading
A judge has struck down New York’s Nanny State effort to ban supersized sugary soft drinks. And the city’s theater operators are elated. Selling $.25 worth of soda in a $9 cup is a big part of their business model.
This generation’s scariest Frenchman has got to be Vincent “Mesrine/Black Swan” Cassel, who gets another workout on the other side of the law in Danny Boyle’s “Trance.” He’s got to be menacing, scary to James McAvoy, the art auction house … Continue reading