Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 11, 2013
The big music first/film promotion second SXSW is underway, but the big films being hyped there are being pitched to critics like myself, seeing them basically at the same time, as they have “talent” traveling to Texas to talk up … Continue reading
A judge has struck down New York’s Nanny State effort to ban supersized sugary soft drinks. And the city’s theater operators are elated. Selling $.25 worth of soda in a $9 cup is a big part of their business model.
This generation’s scariest Frenchman has got to be Vincent “Mesrine/Black Swan” Cassel, who gets another workout on the other side of the law in Danny Boyle’s “Trance.” He’s got to be menacing, scary to James McAvoy, the art auction house … Continue reading