Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "The Black Phone" rings up a horror homage to King, "Twilight Zone" and '70s Childhood
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 11, 2013
The big music first/film promotion second SXSW is underway, but the big films being hyped there are being pitched to critics like myself, seeing them basically at the same time, as they have “talent” traveling to Texas to talk up … Continue reading
A judge has struck down New York’s Nanny State effort to ban supersized sugary soft drinks. And the city’s theater operators are elated. Selling $.25 worth of soda in a $9 cup is a big part of their business model.
This generation’s scariest Frenchman has got to be Vincent “Mesrine/Black Swan” Cassel, who gets another workout on the other side of the law in Danny Boyle’s “Trance.” He’s got to be menacing, scary to James McAvoy, the art auction house … Continue reading