Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 31, 2013
Crowd sourcing pushed for this, a shortened version of the trailer linked here that will run before showings of “Star Trek Into Darkness.” Private funds were raised — crowd-funding, actually. A suggestion? Get Nimoy to narrate. Or Takei. Somebody American … Continue reading
A large, extended family gathering in a remote home interrupted by a lone, murderous attacker. Crossbow, ax, an alarming mask, and motived. “You’re Next” has what I like in a horror picture — terror based in reality, a life-or-death dilemma … Continue reading
The universally poor reviews didn’t help Stephenie Meyer’s “The Host.” Word of mouth must have been weak, the novel wasn’t nearly as popular as “Twilight” and the cast lacked that pre-release K-Stew/R. Patts sizzle. So “The Host” will be lucky … Continue reading