Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 31, 2013
Crowd sourcing pushed for this, a shortened version of the trailer linked here that will run before showings of “Star Trek Into Darkness.” Private funds were raised — crowd-funding, actually. A suggestion? Get Nimoy to narrate. Or Takei. Somebody American … Continue reading
A large, extended family gathering in a remote home interrupted by a lone, murderous attacker. Crossbow, ax, an alarming mask, and motived. “You’re Next” has what I like in a horror picture — terror based in reality, a life-or-death dilemma … Continue reading
The universally poor reviews didn’t help Stephenie Meyer’s “The Host.” Word of mouth must have been weak, the novel wasn’t nearly as popular as “Twilight” and the cast lacked that pre-release K-Stew/R. Patts sizzle. So “The Host” will be lucky … Continue reading