Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 31, 2013
Crowd sourcing pushed for this, a shortened version of the trailer linked here that will run before showings of “Star Trek Into Darkness.” Private funds were raised — crowd-funding, actually. A suggestion? Get Nimoy to narrate. Or Takei. Somebody American … Continue reading
A large, extended family gathering in a remote home interrupted by a lone, murderous attacker. Crossbow, ax, an alarming mask, and motived. “You’re Next” has what I like in a horror picture — terror based in reality, a life-or-death dilemma … Continue reading
The universally poor reviews didn’t help Stephenie Meyer’s “The Host.” Word of mouth must have been weak, the novel wasn’t nearly as popular as “Twilight” and the cast lacked that pre-release K-Stew/R. Patts sizzle. So “The Host” will be lucky … Continue reading