Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: June 2022
Don’t know if this 20th Century release was ever slated to go theatrical. As Joey King is the queen of streaming, Hulu is a smart place to park our perky pouty badass, star of many a teen romance/sex comedy in … Continue reading
At the age of 74, Canadian poet and troubadour Leonard Cohen started a world tour — his band in matching fedora, with backup singers, many of whom had been with him for years and with a seemingly endless and boundless … Continue reading
So many things go awry or are just never quite right with the film adaptation of “Attack on Finland” that one scarcely knows where to begin. But begin one must, so here goes. “Good villains make good thrillers,” Hitchcock said. … Continue reading
The mad-bomber thriller “Hot Seat” gives you a moment — here and there — where you’re allowed at least the hope that this will amount to something — an action beat that works, a plot twist you don’t expect, a … Continue reading
Cameron Diaz made her last film — “Annie” — in 2014, and officially said she was retired && married, new child, etc. — in 2018. Now Jamie Foxx and Netflix have lured her back in front of the cameras. She … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Rockwell and Ronan star in a Brit period piece murder mystery/farce — “See How They Run”
This isn’t the 1940s British play of the same title, although am characters name, Inspector Stoddard, hints at perhaps its inspiration. It stars Sam Rockwell, Saoirse Ronan and Adrien Brody about is about time cast of an about to film … Continue reading
A teensy tiny hint of Get Out?” You think? This horror tale and all it’s digging and creepy preacher frights opens Friday.
Flying to Bali for their daughter’s wedding. To break it up. Cute. Kind of madcap. Ish. Trying WAY too hard. Apt use of Three Dog Night singing a Randy Newman tune. Look for this one Oct. 21, because you know … Continue reading
Victimhood is a scab that should never be picked, because the last thing the martyred want is for a wound to heal. And there it is. You bathe in the proverbs and aphorisms of John Michael McDonagh long enough, he’s … Continue reading
The French invented the “menage a trois,” so leave it to them to conjure up a particularly messy one that looks at love from “Both Sides of the Blade.” Titled “Avec amour et acharnement” in French, and first-titled “Fire” in … Continue reading