Top Posts & Pages
- Of Cage and "Pig" and the "Northern Exposure" connection -- Adam Arkin
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Documentary Review: White Privilege and Immigrant hunger team up for soccer in "Hood River"
- Netflixable? A critical piece of "erased" history -- "The Chickasaw Rancher"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: June 2021
One thing I dare say Universal never bargained on was how sad these America Goes to Hell horror tales of “The Purge” can be. Because it’s not characters struggling, gaining our empathy and then dying that threatens to bring the … Continue reading
A young man with a gun breaks into a Warsaw TV studio on New Millennium Eve, figuring to deliver a message or manifesto to the masses in “Prime Time.” But that’s not the way things work out in this mildly-suspenseful … Continue reading
As somebody who’ll laugh at any word that comes out of Alec Baldwin‘s mouth in that bossy, Wall Street bull-in-a-china-shop Jack Donaghy (“30 Rock”) voice, I laughed and laughed at “The Boss Baby.” An animated tale of a bossy, business-suited … Continue reading
It’s not “‘Groundhog Day’…technically.” Still, “that’s close enough.” But “Long Story Short,” remembering it might help Teddy out. He’s the king of “waiting” and suddenly his life with his beloved Leanne is rushing by, one lost year at a time. … Continue reading
Here’s the trailer, featuring a seriously untested lead (you know the story) and a show creator whose movie career has been curtailed because he’s not comfortable with the form. A season’s worth of characters and plotlines in a 100 minute … Continue reading
Look for this no-name-stars comedy July 30.
Well, knock me over and take my movie reviewing license for a year. A good Megan Fox movie? Will wonders never cease? Just this week, the long-ago flash in the cinematic pan was desperately floating “date Angelina Jolie” suggestions as … Continue reading
The effect is more jarring than subtle, and it instantly sets “Black Widow” apart from your average Marvel comic book action movie. We aren’t watching digital superheroes brawl in a blur of digital effects, digital backgrounds and the like. There’s … Continue reading
A pretty bad horror comedy briefly takes a turn for the better when its biggest “name” makes his “star entrance.” “Let Us In” is advertised as a “Candyman/Slenderman” take on the “black-eyed kids” urban legend — pale, otherworldly children and … Continue reading