Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: June 2021
One thing I dare say Universal never bargained on was how sad these America Goes to Hell horror tales of “The Purge” can be. Because it’s not characters struggling, gaining our empathy and then dying that threatens to bring the … Continue reading
A young man with a gun breaks into a Warsaw TV studio on New Millennium Eve, figuring to deliver a message or manifesto to the masses in “Prime Time.” But that’s not the way things work out in this mildly-suspenseful … Continue reading
As somebody who’ll laugh at any word that comes out of Alec Baldwin‘s mouth in that bossy, Wall Street bull-in-a-china-shop Jack Donaghy (“30 Rock”) voice, I laughed and laughed at “The Boss Baby.” An animated tale of a bossy, business-suited … Continue reading
It’s not “‘Groundhog Day’…technically.” Still, “that’s close enough.” But “Long Story Short,” remembering it might help Teddy out. He’s the king of “waiting” and suddenly his life with his beloved Leanne is rushing by, one lost year at a time. … Continue reading
Here’s the trailer, featuring a seriously untested lead (you know the story) and a show creator whose movie career has been curtailed because he’s not comfortable with the form. A season’s worth of characters and plotlines in a 100 minute … Continue reading
Look for this no-name-stars comedy July 30.
Well, knock me over and take my movie reviewing license for a year. A good Megan Fox movie? Will wonders never cease? Just this week, the long-ago flash in the cinematic pan was desperately floating “date Angelina Jolie” suggestions as … Continue reading
The effect is more jarring than subtle, and it instantly sets “Black Widow” apart from your average Marvel comic book action movie. We aren’t watching digital superheroes brawl in a blur of digital effects, digital backgrounds and the like. There’s … Continue reading
A pretty bad horror comedy briefly takes a turn for the better when its biggest “name” makes his “star entrance.” “Let Us In” is advertised as a “Candyman/Slenderman” take on the “black-eyed kids” urban legend — pale, otherworldly children and … Continue reading