Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Audiences take "Don't Breathe" order seriously
- Movie Review: Ramirez, Usher tangle impressively in "Hands of Stone"
- Movie Review -- Disingenuous Dinesh is back with "Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party"
- Movie Review --"Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV"
- Movie Review: Anna Gunn hides her cards well in "Equity"
- Movie Review: "Southside With You"
- Movie Review: "Autumn Blood"
- Movie Review: "The Physician"
- Movie Review: His son's dead, and the killers meet the Snowplow Man "In Order of Disappearance"
- Movie Review: What did they do to "Suicide Squad"?
Find a Movie Review
Author Archives: rogerinorlando
“Sevendayssevendayssevendays.” It’s still about a video, a girl in a well, and J-horror hairstyles. And people dying after watching that video and allowing that hairstyle in the door. Through their TV. Thought they might update “The Ring” to something more … Continue reading
They give away the whole movie in the trailers. Predatory, and quite pretty, teens try to rob a blind old hermit living a desolate corner of Detroit. He turns the tables on them, turns the lights out and they find … Continue reading
Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling star in an LA romance from the folks who made “Whiplash, a movie utterly unlike “Whiplash.” Sumptuous.
Every shaker and mover in the world of Wall Street captured in “Equity” is wary, guarded, downright paranoid you might say. Each and every character has reason to be. Backs will be stabbed, and each knows this because in this … Continue reading
Pierce Brosnan has wizened from the days when he sipped martinis, “shaken, not stirred,” into roles as assorted well-heeled men who sip Scotch in their designer homes. Or private jets. It’s not that he’s out of the action hero game. … Continue reading
Yeah, it came too soon. Like his candidacy, his presidency, his premature Nobel Prize. But “Southside with You” is a lovely little Michelle and Barack first-date romance, a celebration of a symbolic presidency and a classy First Couple. This understated … Continue reading
Two things every sports fan remembers about the boxer Roberto Duran — that his nickname, “Hands of Stone” (“Manos de Piedra“) came from his ferocious, knock-out delivering fists — and “No mas,” the infamous phrase attached to a fight he … Continue reading
Not a big weekend for any film rolling out of Hollywood this Aug. 19-21. Summer is essentially over, so Laika’s traditional mid-Aug.-late Sept. release (“ParaNorman,” for instance) underwhelmed, with its kid-audience back in school. Just over $12 million is a … Continue reading
This one opens Sept. 2, and stars Allison Pill as a comic book artist who conjures up a filmmaker (Gael Garcia Bernal) in a spec script, stumbles into some drugs and connects to the custom-made sex doll business. And then … Continue reading