Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: "At Night Comes Wolves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 14, 2013
Hitchcock’s last “Hitchcock Blonde” was Tippi Hedren, of “The Birds” and one other of Sir Alfred’s ’60s films. She’ll be a special guest at this year’s Florida Film Festival. April 12, she’ll appear at a showing of “The Birds” and … Continue reading
I never warmed to, and barely even checked out the TV series “Veronica Mars” during its run. With Kristen Bell being the only cast member to truly break out into movies, and not exactly setting the box office or the … Continue reading
In his salad days, Aussie director P. J. Hogan specialized in daft, edgy comedies about wildly eccentric characters, people so giddy they’d burst into song when words failed them. And the world fell in love with Toni Collette’s ABBA obsession … Continue reading
Rude, crude, edgy and dark, here’s a movie that finally lets Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson and Selena Gomez abandon whatever “good girl” image they have and take us on a down and dirty ride about college girls robbing people to … Continue reading
He first gained notice in “Bridesmaids,” as the inexplicably Irish Wisconsin State Trooper. She’s been a mainstay of Australian film since “Rabbit Proof Fence,” one of the most accomplished Aboriginal actresses ever — “Bran Nue Day,” “Mental,” and now, as … Continue reading