Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A streetball legend, "Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story"
- Netflixable? Emma Roberts and Luke Bracey brace for a "Holidate"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: October 2016
Sony waited too long to roll out a third Dan “Da Vinci Code” Brown film. The fizz has gone out of this series of page-turner adaptations, partly because the books are old news, Tom Hanks’ audience has aged and is … Continue reading
The thing about Professor Robert Langdon is, he’s solving mysteries none of us has a prayer of solving before him. He’s not playing fair. Novelist Dan Brown’s “Da Vinci Code” “puzzle-master,” classics professor and antiquities expert, has information in his … Continue reading
“My Dead Boyfriend” forces us, once again, to consider the strange case of Heather Graham. Perpetually perky, she’s a leggy former child star whose credits range from “Twin Peaks” and “Growing Pains” to “Drugstore Cowboys” and Boogie Nights,” “Judy Moody … Continue reading
The Brits and their leading acolytes, the Anglophiles of American public broadcasting, must be at their wits’ end, hunting up the next droll, costume-bedecked Brit dramedy of sex, class, wit and houses big enough to have names. But the next … Continue reading
Reviews for both the second Jack Reacher movie and the first Tyler Perry “Madea” movie in three years aren’t giving them a boost. But with Tom Cruise teetering on the brink of irrelevance — action stars lose their audience after … Continue reading
Oh Madea, how we’ve missed you. No. Seriously. Unless you are into getting your fixes direct-to-video, Tyler Perry’s alter-ego has been MIA from movie screens for three years. And “Boo! A Madea Halloween” (Haller-ween?) has TV commercials that make you … Continue reading
The only reason the X-Men franchise was never less than half-interesting was Hugh Jackman’s iconic — yes, that’s the right word — portrayal of Wolverine. From the very first X-Men film, he was the magnetic center, a very good actor … Continue reading
“Max Steel” isn’t the utter abortion that it’s terrible Metacritic/Rottentomatoes ratings suggests it must be. MPAA Rating:PG-13 for some sci-fi action violence Cast: Ben Winchell, Maria Bello, Andy Garcia, Ana Villafane, the voice of Josh Brener Credits: Directed by Stewart Hendler, script … Continue reading
Vigorous, violent, and would you believe…cute? With “Jack Reacher: Never Go Back,” Tom Cruise & Co. take the popular Lee Child character and franchise and stick a gun in its mouth. Cruise and his “thirtysomething” co-conspirators — a cheap shot, … Continue reading
The first teaser for the GOTG sequel (“Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2”) is nostalgic — for the first film and its judicious use of Blue Swede and “Hooked on a Feeling.” They’re not giving us much, which is no … Continue reading