Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "Infiesto" -- A Piquant Pandemic Police Procedural from Spain
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: August 2018
Maybe it’s the #MeToo eruption that Ronan Farrow kicked off with his Harvey Weinstein expose, the suction from that pulling Woody Allen down with Ronan’s ongoing accusations about a one-time father figure who can’t keep his hands (says Ronan) off … Continue reading
Truth be told, the two Oscar winners in the cast are supporting players to this “Hand that Rocks the Cradle” riff given the “Princess Bride” punchline for a title — “Inconceivable.” It’s a Gina Gershon vs. Nicky Whelan moms-throw-down thriller, … Continue reading
I don’t know where Netflix got involved in the process, if their millions helped round up and finish (with shots still missing) a film notorious for being “lost” in this fire or that hasty/didn’t pay his rent and fled Orson … Continue reading
What we remember is the smile. The Emmy winning characters, the crazy hair, the skill at creating funny faces, funny voices? Gilda Radner‘s name summons up those memories, too. And then we smile. But her smile comes first, her broad, … Continue reading
“Crazy Rich Asians” looks to finish the summer off with another stellar weekend. But will it really lose NO audience when compared to last weekend? It’s entirely likely, says Box Office Mojo. That means another $25 million, $30 million when … Continue reading
The “What happened to my daughter?” mystery “Searching” is like a poker game. Everything goes well until that last hand where you lose it all. And leaving the table, you have the sneaking suspicion that the other guy cheated you. … Continue reading
Jason Reitman directed this take on the heir apparent to the Democratic nomination for presidents, boots-wearing, boots-knocking Senator Gary Hart of Colorado. Hugh Jackman, Vera Farmiga and Oscar winner J.K. Simmons star in this political drama about a politician brought … Continue reading
“The Little Stranger” is a quiet, stately Gothic ghost story, an exquisitely observed British period piece built upon understated, reserved and stoic performances by Domhnall Gleeson and the formidable Ruth Wilson. What is isn’t, despite a mood as chilling as … Continue reading
This second peek at Ryan Gosling’s Oscar bait historical thriller raises the stakes, ups the ante and pounds home the charisma of the cast. Gosling as Neil Armstrong, Claire Foy FIERCE as his wife Janet, and Corey Stoll as the … Continue reading
A horror film directed by a fellow named Kevorkian, with English xenophobia as its subtext? We are…intrigued. “Await Further Instructions” played all the right (horror) festivals, and opens Oct. 6 in the US.