Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: July 2013
It’s an age of ABSCAM (wiki it) hustle-hoodwink thriller with Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence and Jeremy Renner. And a lot of ’70s music, fashions and facial hair. Sex, drugs and Led Zep? In December.
Jolie collected a big check for a movie that hasn’t come out yet. She pulled in $33, June 2012 to June 2013. Jennifer Lawrence has two franchises in play (“X-Men” prequels, “Hunger Games” sequels), an Oscar (like Jolie) and is … Continue reading
Jennifer Aniston joins Jason Sudeikis in another raunchy post-“Hangover” comedy about a pot smuggler who hires a stripper, a runaway and a teen boy whose description (“the virgin”) is probably as sophisticated as this farce gets. Four credited screenwriters, an … Continue reading
His “The Canyons” hits a limited number of theaters next week. It has buzz — notoriety — if not great advance reviews. The Lindsay Lohan casting coup was obviously pretty polarizing, pairing her up with a young porn actor was … Continue reading
Give the Smurf Devil his due — “Smurfs 2” has a couple of pretty good effects. A Ferris wheel busts loose and rolls through Paris, for instance. But the movie? Somebody pull Neil Patrick Harris’s cool-and-gay card. What drivel. Even … Continue reading
Yeah, I have a hard time figuring out which one I’m seeing in “Drinking Buddies,” “The Spectacular Now,” or “Safety Not Guaranteed.” How about you? Duplass is in the middle, and if it’s indie, I expect it to be him. … Continue reading
Pretty moving, and not at all what I expected from a new screen version of James Thurber’s most famous story. Does “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty,” a humorous tale of a guy with a rich fantasy life (adventure, etc.) … Continue reading
Disney and its longs-estranged former partners, The Weinsteins, will bring the popular children’s book series “Artemis Fowl” to the screen, according to a report in THR. The eight sci-fi books by Eoin Colfer, about a teenage criminal mastermind, were a … Continue reading
Get yourself into a Smurfy frame of mind, hum a few notes of “The Smurf Song” and try to remember your cartoon watching primary school years. Cross your fingers that actors Neil Patrick Harris, Hank Azaria, Jayma Mays and Brendan … Continue reading