Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Bale and Damon, "Ford v Ferrari"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Netflixable? Prepare to be blindsided by "Face 2 Face"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? As this story is from Spain, "The Influence" ("La influencia") just might be a witch
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 19, 2013
Get past discussions of artistic intent, of the potential career benefits that the cast and filmmakers might have seen in making “Spring Breakers.” What it really boiled down to is this. “None of us had ever experienced Spring Break,” … Continue reading
There’s been talk for the better part of a year, a little smack here and there that claims that James Franco based his drawling, hoodlum/rapper/pimped-out Camaro driver “Alien” in “Spring Breakers” on one guy — Houston-based rapper Riff Raff. A … Continue reading
This comes down to pride. It does. Will Tom Cruise, who is being shown the door in the “Mission: Impossible” franchise — sort or — grab ahold of another spy project to “just show THEM”? Guy Ritchie is the latest … Continue reading
He’s a hard dude to draw a bead on, this James Franco. He’ll be dismissed for years, then pull a performance in “Milk” or “127 Hours” out and make you go, “What?” He took at a dive at the Oscars, … Continue reading
“The Sapphires” is an unpolished gem of a musical, a dramedy with a familiar ‘60s girl-group-on-the-rise story pasted over a backdrop of Australian racism and America’s long war in Vietnam. It’s a tribute to the filmmakers (director Wayne Blair, working … Continue reading
If you’ve seen an Australian film that had Aboriginal characters in it over the past 20 years, you’ve seen Deborah Mailman at work. She was in “Rabbit Proof Fence” and “Bran Nue Day.” She’s in “The Sapphires,” which opens Friday. … Continue reading
Tina Fey makes funny TV shows, funny movies and funny books. Director Paul Weitz often goes for something beyond funny – emotional stories of parents and children trying to puzzle out something beyond flesh and blood that bonds them. She … Continue reading
Teen pop idols rarely have a shot at a big second act in life. For every Mark Wahlberg and Donnie Wahlberg, there are a legion of Leif Garretts and Tiffanys, Miley Cyruses and Hilary Duffs. But Nick Jonas is getting … Continue reading
Hugh Jackman will get back to work following the Oscar hubbub of “Les Miserables” with “Six Years,” a Paramount film based on a yet-to-be-published novel. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the plot of Harlan Coben’s book is about a man … Continue reading
“You know,” the Irish actor Chris O’Dowd says of his new film, “The Sapphires,” “I agreed to make this sweet little movie in Australia, hoping against hope that it’d make it, maybe, as far as the shores of oh, NEW … Continue reading