Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 9, 2013
Charlie Day is on board (Whew. He’s in such demand and all.). So naturally Jason Bateman and Jason Sudeikis are on board a sequel.
The story of “The Bling Ring” — ripped from the headlines — concerned star-obsessed teens stalking and burgling the homes of LA celebrities, tracking their whereabouts like paparazzi so that they’d know when to strike. Vera Farmiga’s sister Taissa is … Continue reading
And those two studios are Warners and Paramount, splitting the risk and the distribution of the “Inception/Dark Knight” director’s next film. He’s been rewriting the “heroic space odyssey” script, which Steven Spielberg was originally to direct, and keeping mum about … Continue reading
It cost some $215 million, and still didn’t land the cast necessary to guarantee success. Projections had been running in the $85 million range for the U.S. opening of “Oz, the Great and Powerful.” Some had thought $90 million was … Continue reading