Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: Neeson narrows his beady eyes as "The Marksman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 9, 2013
Charlie Day is on board (Whew. He’s in such demand and all.). So naturally Jason Bateman and Jason Sudeikis are on board a sequel.
The story of “The Bling Ring” — ripped from the headlines — concerned star-obsessed teens stalking and burgling the homes of LA celebrities, tracking their whereabouts like paparazzi so that they’d know when to strike. Vera Farmiga’s sister Taissa is … Continue reading
And those two studios are Warners and Paramount, splitting the risk and the distribution of the “Inception/Dark Knight” director’s next film. He’s been rewriting the “heroic space odyssey” script, which Steven Spielberg was originally to direct, and keeping mum about … Continue reading
It cost some $215 million, and still didn’t land the cast necessary to guarantee success. Projections had been running in the $85 million range for the U.S. opening of “Oz, the Great and Powerful.” Some had thought $90 million was … Continue reading