Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "The Black Phone" rings up a horror homage to King, "Twilight Zone" and '70s Childhood
- Netflixable? "Heart Parade" is a rom-com that goes to the (Dachshund) Dogs
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 9, 2013
Charlie Day is on board (Whew. He’s in such demand and all.). So naturally Jason Bateman and Jason Sudeikis are on board a sequel.
The story of “The Bling Ring” — ripped from the headlines — concerned star-obsessed teens stalking and burgling the homes of LA celebrities, tracking their whereabouts like paparazzi so that they’d know when to strike. Vera Farmiga’s sister Taissa is … Continue reading
And those two studios are Warners and Paramount, splitting the risk and the distribution of the “Inception/Dark Knight” director’s next film. He’s been rewriting the “heroic space odyssey” script, which Steven Spielberg was originally to direct, and keeping mum about … Continue reading
It cost some $215 million, and still didn’t land the cast necessary to guarantee success. Projections had been running in the $85 million range for the U.S. opening of “Oz, the Great and Powerful.” Some had thought $90 million was … Continue reading