Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 9, 2013
Charlie Day is on board (Whew. He’s in such demand and all.). So naturally Jason Bateman and Jason Sudeikis are on board a sequel.
The story of “The Bling Ring” — ripped from the headlines — concerned star-obsessed teens stalking and burgling the homes of LA celebrities, tracking their whereabouts like paparazzi so that they’d know when to strike. Vera Farmiga’s sister Taissa is … Continue reading
And those two studios are Warners and Paramount, splitting the risk and the distribution of the “Inception/Dark Knight” director’s next film. He’s been rewriting the “heroic space odyssey” script, which Steven Spielberg was originally to direct, and keeping mum about … Continue reading
It cost some $215 million, and still didn’t land the cast necessary to guarantee success. Projections had been running in the $85 million range for the U.S. opening of “Oz, the Great and Powerful.” Some had thought $90 million was … Continue reading