Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 3, 2013
“A” is for agonizing, awful and apocalyptic. “B is for bizarre, brutal and bloody. “D” is for disturbing, deeply disturbing, “S” for subversive, “T” for twisted and trangressive. “The ABCs of Death” is an instant midnight movie, a morbid mishmash … Continue reading
You could tell this weekend was going to be a bust at the movies by the scarcity of traffic reading online reviews of “21 and Over” and “Last Exorcism Part II” and “Jack the Giant Slayer.” That’s how bad buzz … Continue reading
Omar Sy was the tall, blunt chatterbox who turned the French race-class-disability clash comedy “The Intouchables” into a huge worldwide hit, a big enough hit that Hollywood is now talking about remaking it. A pretty big figure in French film … Continue reading