Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Bale and Damon, "Ford v Ferrari"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Prepare to be blindsided by "Face 2 Face"
- Netflixable? As this story is from Spain, "The Influence" ("La influencia") just might be a witch
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 18, 2013
No, the reviews weren’t great. Nor was the box office. But when I talked with Gemma Arterton and Jeremy Renner, they were both down with the idea of making this silly/violent “Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters” a franchise. And now … Continue reading
There’s a hint of “Wait Until Dark” to this thriller, starring Michelle Monaghan as a blind woman whose lover is murdered. And then, just as he’s making her getaway — enter Michael Keaton. Director Joseph Ruben (“Sleeping With the Enemy”) … Continue reading
“Starbuck” is a big, fat French-Canadian hug of a movie, a sperm-donations-gone-wrong farce that manages the occasional belly laugh, but also moving takes on parenthood, family and what it means to grow up. David Wozniak (Patrick Huard) makes one wonder … Continue reading
There’s an old maxim in the film biz, which I’ve taken to calling the “Elizabeth Berkeley Rule.” Always have that next project signed up and ready to announce before your current film hits theaters. It’s a way of immunizing … Continue reading
For a movie as overtly sexual as “Spring Breakers,” Harmony Korine’s Ode to “Girls Gone Wild” that progresses to “Girl Gone Wrong,” it isn’t exactly sexy. The women starring in it spend the entire film, pretty much, in bikinis. They … Continue reading