Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: "Teacher"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 18, 2013
No, the reviews weren’t great. Nor was the box office. But when I talked with Gemma Arterton and Jeremy Renner, they were both down with the idea of making this silly/violent “Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters” a franchise. And now … Continue reading
There’s a hint of “Wait Until Dark” to this thriller, starring Michelle Monaghan as a blind woman whose lover is murdered. And then, just as he’s making her getaway — enter Michael Keaton. Director Joseph Ruben (“Sleeping With the Enemy”) … Continue reading
“Starbuck” is a big, fat French-Canadian hug of a movie, a sperm-donations-gone-wrong farce that manages the occasional belly laugh, but also moving takes on parenthood, family and what it means to grow up. David Wozniak (Patrick Huard) makes one wonder … Continue reading
There’s an old maxim in the film biz, which I’ve taken to calling the “Elizabeth Berkeley Rule.” Always have that next project signed up and ready to announce before your current film hits theaters. It’s a way of immunizing … Continue reading
For a movie as overtly sexual as “Spring Breakers,” Harmony Korine’s Ode to “Girls Gone Wild” that progresses to “Girl Gone Wrong,” it isn’t exactly sexy. The women starring in it spend the entire film, pretty much, in bikinis. They … Continue reading