Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: February 2013
Ashley Bell is back. And nobody involved apparently is familiar with the meaning of “Last,” because she’s still in need of exorcising. Imagine running across this in Mardi Gras. Yes, the setting has moved to New Orleans. No, this image … Continue reading
The “Cars”-ish cartoon “Planes” is due out in August, a bit late in the summer for a cartoon of any sort to have maximum money-making potential. And now Disney (not Pixar, which was responsible for “Cars”) has re-cast the lead … Continue reading
What might one need if one finds oneself on the lam from The Sweeney, the Flying Squad of coppers in the new film from Olde England? A pack of biscuits, a Cockney rhyming dictionary set of flashcards, thumb cuffs/keychains, and … Continue reading
James Wan’s “based on a true story” is a haunted house/spooked family tale starring Lili Taylor, Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga. This trailer is chilling, in an utterly conventional way — strange noises, children giggling, spooky destruction of family photos, … Continue reading
Sometimes, a documentary is more than a non-fiction film. Sometimes it becomes a cause. That was the idea behind the film “Bully” last year, a movie that tapped into a national movement, a national conversation about bullying. And somewhere in … Continue reading
Warner Brothers is in the Bradley Cooper business for a remake of the biggest German hit of 2011. “Kokowaah” is about two pals who have to deal with the unsettling news that one is actually the real father of the … Continue reading
Johnny Depp had been “circling,” as they say, the film project about notorious Boston mobster, the long on the lam Whitey Bulger. “Black Mass” it is titled. And now THR says he’s doing it. Shooting it later this year. Barry … Continue reading
I’ll be joining Mike Bianchi on his sports talk show, “Open Mike,” to chat about “Phantom,” a passable Cold War submarine thriller, and “21 and Over,” a college Hangover written and directed by the guys who wrote “The Hangover.” … Continue reading
Oh, for those innocent days of yore, when “The Hangover” was a malady and not a movie, when the words “Zach Galifianakis” were as alien as “Klaatu barada nikto.” It seems like millennia since the binge comedy became the new … Continue reading