Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 20, 2013
All those odd music cues that punctuate the action in Quentin Tarantino movies are catnip to his fans. But to some of us, an “Ironside Theme” in “Kill Bill” or Jim Croce in “Django Unchained” is just a jarring, take-me-out-of-the-movie … Continue reading
Lynne Ramsay was going to follow up her grim, acclaimed “We Need to Talk About Kevin” by teaming with Natalie Portman for the indie drama “Jane Got a Gun.” Funny thing about that, though. Ramsay didn’t show up. On the … Continue reading
A movie with the killer title “Rockabilly Zombie Weekend” is making a set of promises to an audience. It’s going to be a zombie picture, tapping in to horror’s favorite subgenre of the moment. It’s going to take place over … Continue reading
If you want to make a film about a not-so-modern “Stone Age Family,” it helps to start out with a wish list. “If I was going to see a caveman film, what would I want to see?” asks Kirk Di … Continue reading
Skip past the lame title and weary Stone Age premise. “The Croods” is the first pleasant surprise of spring, a gorgeous kids’ cartoon with heart and wit, if not exactly a firm grasp of paleontology. It’s about a family of … Continue reading