Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 20, 2013
All those odd music cues that punctuate the action in Quentin Tarantino movies are catnip to his fans. But to some of us, an “Ironside Theme” in “Kill Bill” or Jim Croce in “Django Unchained” is just a jarring, take-me-out-of-the-movie … Continue reading
Lynne Ramsay was going to follow up her grim, acclaimed “We Need to Talk About Kevin” by teaming with Natalie Portman for the indie drama “Jane Got a Gun.” Funny thing about that, though. Ramsay didn’t show up. On the … Continue reading
A movie with the killer title “Rockabilly Zombie Weekend” is making a set of promises to an audience. It’s going to be a zombie picture, tapping in to horror’s favorite subgenre of the moment. It’s going to take place over … Continue reading
If you want to make a film about a not-so-modern “Stone Age Family,” it helps to start out with a wish list. “If I was going to see a caveman film, what would I want to see?” asks Kirk Di … Continue reading
Skip past the lame title and weary Stone Age premise. “The Croods” is the first pleasant surprise of spring, a gorgeous kids’ cartoon with heart and wit, if not exactly a firm grasp of paleontology. It’s about a family of … Continue reading