Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "The Black Phone" rings up a horror homage to King, "Twilight Zone" and '70s Childhood
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 20, 2013
All those odd music cues that punctuate the action in Quentin Tarantino movies are catnip to his fans. But to some of us, an “Ironside Theme” in “Kill Bill” or Jim Croce in “Django Unchained” is just a jarring, take-me-out-of-the-movie … Continue reading
Lynne Ramsay was going to follow up her grim, acclaimed “We Need to Talk About Kevin” by teaming with Natalie Portman for the indie drama “Jane Got a Gun.” Funny thing about that, though. Ramsay didn’t show up. On the … Continue reading
A movie with the killer title “Rockabilly Zombie Weekend” is making a set of promises to an audience. It’s going to be a zombie picture, tapping in to horror’s favorite subgenre of the moment. It’s going to take place over … Continue reading
If you want to make a film about a not-so-modern “Stone Age Family,” it helps to start out with a wish list. “If I was going to see a caveman film, what would I want to see?” asks Kirk Di … Continue reading
Skip past the lame title and weary Stone Age premise. “The Croods” is the first pleasant surprise of spring, a gorgeous kids’ cartoon with heart and wit, if not exactly a firm grasp of paleontology. It’s about a family of … Continue reading