Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 21, 2013
Why, yes, says John Fithian of the National Association of Theater Owners (NATO). When “Oz” is your first big family picture of the year, when “Jack and the Beanstalk” is a bust, when none of the Oscar contenders hanging around … Continue reading
The reason Disney did this for their $200+ blockbuster? It’s the best part, it promises great things in those black and white sequences in the beginning. And they figure it’ll be a tipping point lure for those resisting any effort … Continue reading
It was nice to see Reese Witherspoon dress down and go “Britney Cheap” with her turn as a trailer park heartbreaker in “Mud,” the new film from the director of “Take Shelter” and starring Mattew McConaughey in the title role, … Continue reading
I know what you’re saying. Strong (“Sherlock”) would eat the young Scot for lunch. But it looks like a pretty good indie Brit crime thriller, with McAvoy as the cop out to bust the crime lord Strong.
It’s an embarrassment of riches this weekend as Hollywood hurls a ton of titles at us to lure us away from March Madness on the TV. “The Croods” is a pleasant animated surprise, and I’m not the only one who … Continue reading