Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: "Teacher"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 21, 2013
Why, yes, says John Fithian of the National Association of Theater Owners (NATO). When “Oz” is your first big family picture of the year, when “Jack and the Beanstalk” is a bust, when none of the Oscar contenders hanging around … Continue reading
The reason Disney did this for their $200+ blockbuster? It’s the best part, it promises great things in those black and white sequences in the beginning. And they figure it’ll be a tipping point lure for those resisting any effort … Continue reading
It was nice to see Reese Witherspoon dress down and go “Britney Cheap” with her turn as a trailer park heartbreaker in “Mud,” the new film from the director of “Take Shelter” and starring Mattew McConaughey in the title role, … Continue reading
I know what you’re saying. Strong (“Sherlock”) would eat the young Scot for lunch. But it looks like a pretty good indie Brit crime thriller, with McAvoy as the cop out to bust the crime lord Strong.
It’s an embarrassment of riches this weekend as Hollywood hurls a ton of titles at us to lure us away from March Madness on the TV. “The Croods” is a pleasant animated surprise, and I’m not the only one who … Continue reading