Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "The Black Phone" rings up a horror homage to King, "Twilight Zone" and '70s Childhood
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 21, 2013
Why, yes, says John Fithian of the National Association of Theater Owners (NATO). When “Oz” is your first big family picture of the year, when “Jack and the Beanstalk” is a bust, when none of the Oscar contenders hanging around … Continue reading
The reason Disney did this for their $200+ blockbuster? It’s the best part, it promises great things in those black and white sequences in the beginning. And they figure it’ll be a tipping point lure for those resisting any effort … Continue reading
It was nice to see Reese Witherspoon dress down and go “Britney Cheap” with her turn as a trailer park heartbreaker in “Mud,” the new film from the director of “Take Shelter” and starring Mattew McConaughey in the title role, … Continue reading
I know what you’re saying. Strong (“Sherlock”) would eat the young Scot for lunch. But it looks like a pretty good indie Brit crime thriller, with McAvoy as the cop out to bust the crime lord Strong.
It’s an embarrassment of riches this weekend as Hollywood hurls a ton of titles at us to lure us away from March Madness on the TV. “The Croods” is a pleasant animated surprise, and I’m not the only one who … Continue reading