Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 21, 2013
Why, yes, says John Fithian of the National Association of Theater Owners (NATO). When “Oz” is your first big family picture of the year, when “Jack and the Beanstalk” is a bust, when none of the Oscar contenders hanging around … Continue reading
The reason Disney did this for their $200+ blockbuster? It’s the best part, it promises great things in those black and white sequences in the beginning. And they figure it’ll be a tipping point lure for those resisting any effort … Continue reading
It was nice to see Reese Witherspoon dress down and go “Britney Cheap” with her turn as a trailer park heartbreaker in “Mud,” the new film from the director of “Take Shelter” and starring Mattew McConaughey in the title role, … Continue reading
I know what you’re saying. Strong (“Sherlock”) would eat the young Scot for lunch. But it looks like a pretty good indie Brit crime thriller, with McAvoy as the cop out to bust the crime lord Strong.
It’s an embarrassment of riches this weekend as Hollywood hurls a ton of titles at us to lure us away from March Madness on the TV. “The Croods” is a pleasant animated surprise, and I’m not the only one who … Continue reading