Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: "Teacher"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 27, 2013
The Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) is at his hairiest and “most vulnerable” in this film, which plainly was based on a Japanese WWII and after detour that the comic book character took, which fans had predicted would anchor this film. It … Continue reading
Take away the British actors, accents and settings and “Welcome to the Punch” would still be a perfectly serviceable if utterly generic cop thriller. A tale of corruption, gun play and murder, it takes a few unpredictable turns before reaching … Continue reading
It’s James McAvoy VS. Mark Strong, two of my favorite Brits going at it in a thriller about a cop (McAvoy) who seemingly will stop at nothing to get his man (Strong). Andrea Riseborough and David Morrisey, durable character players, … Continue reading