Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: A "priest" made in prison, "Corpus Christi"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Documentary Review: "Junkie Hunters" fight the drug scourge, one addict at a time, and the greedy Rehab Industry in "American Relapse"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 27, 2013
The Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) is at his hairiest and “most vulnerable” in this film, which plainly was based on a Japanese WWII and after detour that the comic book character took, which fans had predicted would anchor this film. It … Continue reading
Take away the British actors, accents and settings and “Welcome to the Punch” would still be a perfectly serviceable if utterly generic cop thriller. A tale of corruption, gun play and murder, it takes a few unpredictable turns before reaching … Continue reading
It’s James McAvoy VS. Mark Strong, two of my favorite Brits going at it in a thriller about a cop (McAvoy) who seemingly will stop at nothing to get his man (Strong). Andrea Riseborough and David Morrisey, durable character players, … Continue reading
A better-than-average, gravity-defying ninja duel leads to an epic chase– by leaps, swings and ziplines — through the Himalayas in the big set piece sequence of “G.I. Joe: Retaliation.” Masked villains in red ninja suits chase Snake Eyes and Jinx … Continue reading