Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 27, 2013
The Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) is at his hairiest and “most vulnerable” in this film, which plainly was based on a Japanese WWII and after detour that the comic book character took, which fans had predicted would anchor this film. It … Continue reading
Take away the British actors, accents and settings and “Welcome to the Punch” would still be a perfectly serviceable if utterly generic cop thriller. A tale of corruption, gun play and murder, it takes a few unpredictable turns before reaching … Continue reading
It’s James McAvoy VS. Mark Strong, two of my favorite Brits going at it in a thriller about a cop (McAvoy) who seemingly will stop at nothing to get his man (Strong). Andrea Riseborough and David Morrisey, durable character players, … Continue reading