Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "The Black Phone" rings up a horror homage to King, "Twilight Zone" and '70s Childhood
- Netflixable? "Heart Parade" is a rom-com that goes to the (Dachshund) Dogs
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 27, 2013
The Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) is at his hairiest and “most vulnerable” in this film, which plainly was based on a Japanese WWII and after detour that the comic book character took, which fans had predicted would anchor this film. It … Continue reading
Take away the British actors, accents and settings and “Welcome to the Punch” would still be a perfectly serviceable if utterly generic cop thriller. A tale of corruption, gun play and murder, it takes a few unpredictable turns before reaching … Continue reading
It’s James McAvoy VS. Mark Strong, two of my favorite Brits going at it in a thriller about a cop (McAvoy) who seemingly will stop at nothing to get his man (Strong). Andrea Riseborough and David Morrisey, durable character players, … Continue reading