Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? "Klaus" gets Netflix into the holiday animation business with style
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: A "Joker" dances through America's Darkest Hours
- Netflixable? Worthington is "Fractured" when his wife and daughter go missing
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 27, 2013
The Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) is at his hairiest and “most vulnerable” in this film, which plainly was based on a Japanese WWII and after detour that the comic book character took, which fans had predicted would anchor this film. It … Continue reading
Take away the British actors, accents and settings and “Welcome to the Punch” would still be a perfectly serviceable if utterly generic cop thriller. A tale of corruption, gun play and murder, it takes a few unpredictable turns before reaching … Continue reading
It’s James McAvoy VS. Mark Strong, two of my favorite Brits going at it in a thriller about a cop (McAvoy) who seemingly will stop at nothing to get his man (Strong). Andrea Riseborough and David Morrisey, durable character players, … Continue reading
A better-than-average, gravity-defying ninja duel leads to an epic chase– by leaps, swings and ziplines — through the Himalayas in the big set piece sequence of “G.I. Joe: Retaliation.” Masked villains in red ninja suits chase Snake Eyes and Jinx … Continue reading