Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 10, 2013
I just love Danny Boyle, from “Trainspotting” and “Millions,” to even “Sunshine” and of course “Slumdog Millionaire.” And “Trance” has traces of his break-out films, “Shallow Grave” and “Trainspotting” — action, crime, and edge. James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson and Vincent … Continue reading
For a movie that cost over $215 million (marketing, etc., all in) to have any prayer of breaking even, it’s got to open as close to half of that amount as possible. Projections for “Oz, the Great and Powerful” have … Continue reading
The latest anime from Japan’s famed Studio Ghibli breaks one of the cardinal rules, at least in Hollywood, of animation. Can the story be told without animation? If so, why animate it? There is no mythical “My Neighbor Totoro,” no … Continue reading
More character development, more humor, a better sense of the movie to come. Not bad.