Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Bale and Damon, "Ford v Ferrari"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Prepare to be blindsided by "Face 2 Face"
- Netflixable? As this story is from Spain, "The Influence" ("La influencia") just might be a witch
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 10, 2013
I just love Danny Boyle, from “Trainspotting” and “Millions,” to even “Sunshine” and of course “Slumdog Millionaire.” And “Trance” has traces of his break-out films, “Shallow Grave” and “Trainspotting” — action, crime, and edge. James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson and Vincent … Continue reading
For a movie that cost over $215 million (marketing, etc., all in) to have any prayer of breaking even, it’s got to open as close to half of that amount as possible. Projections for “Oz, the Great and Powerful” have … Continue reading
The latest anime from Japan’s famed Studio Ghibli breaks one of the cardinal rules, at least in Hollywood, of animation. Can the story be told without animation? If so, why animate it? There is no mythical “My Neighbor Totoro,” no … Continue reading
More character development, more humor, a better sense of the movie to come. Not bad.