Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The anime sights we'll see, "Weathering with You"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- No more Sir Bedivere, Rest in Peace, Terry Jones
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 10, 2013
I just love Danny Boyle, from “Trainspotting” and “Millions,” to even “Sunshine” and of course “Slumdog Millionaire.” And “Trance” has traces of his break-out films, “Shallow Grave” and “Trainspotting” — action, crime, and edge. James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson and Vincent … Continue reading
For a movie that cost over $215 million (marketing, etc., all in) to have any prayer of breaking even, it’s got to open as close to half of that amount as possible. Projections for “Oz, the Great and Powerful” have … Continue reading
The latest anime from Japan’s famed Studio Ghibli breaks one of the cardinal rules, at least in Hollywood, of animation. Can the story be told without animation? If so, why animate it? There is no mythical “My Neighbor Totoro,” no … Continue reading
More character development, more humor, a better sense of the movie to come. Not bad.