Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: "Teacher"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 10, 2013
I just love Danny Boyle, from “Trainspotting” and “Millions,” to even “Sunshine” and of course “Slumdog Millionaire.” And “Trance” has traces of his break-out films, “Shallow Grave” and “Trainspotting” — action, crime, and edge. James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson and Vincent … Continue reading
For a movie that cost over $215 million (marketing, etc., all in) to have any prayer of breaking even, it’s got to open as close to half of that amount as possible. Projections for “Oz, the Great and Powerful” have … Continue reading
The latest anime from Japan’s famed Studio Ghibli breaks one of the cardinal rules, at least in Hollywood, of animation. Can the story be told without animation? If so, why animate it? There is no mythical “My Neighbor Totoro,” no … Continue reading
More character development, more humor, a better sense of the movie to come. Not bad.