Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 25, 2013
In “Trance,” Danny Boyle’s new films, thieves conspire to swipe an El Greco from the middle of the London auction where it is expected to fetch many millions. When an auctioneer (James McAvoy) loses track of the painting, the thieves … Continue reading
Ryan Gosling rejoins his “Blue Valentine” director for a movie that bears more of a resemblance to “Drive.” Here, he’s a motorcycle stunt rider corralled into committing robberies. In “Drive,” he was a mechanic/stuntman would-be race car driver who moonlights as a … Continue reading
The principles of ’60s radicalism clash with the murkier morality of those who practiced it in Sally Potter’s sharply observed coming-of-age melodrama, “Ginger & Rosa.” The filmmaker, still best-known for “Orlando” twenty years since that break-out work, presents this conflict … Continue reading