Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: Junkie faces up to a tough task -- "Killing Eleanor"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 25, 2013
In “Trance,” Danny Boyle’s new films, thieves conspire to swipe an El Greco from the middle of the London auction where it is expected to fetch many millions. When an auctioneer (James McAvoy) loses track of the painting, the thieves … Continue reading
Ryan Gosling rejoins his “Blue Valentine” director for a movie that bears more of a resemblance to “Drive.” Here, he’s a motorcycle stunt rider corralled into committing robberies. In “Drive,” he was a mechanic/stuntman would-be race car driver who moonlights as a … Continue reading
The principles of ’60s radicalism clash with the murkier morality of those who practiced it in Sally Potter’s sharply observed coming-of-age melodrama, “Ginger & Rosa.” The filmmaker, still best-known for “Orlando” twenty years since that break-out work, presents this conflict … Continue reading