Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A streetball legend, "Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Emma Roberts and Luke Bracey brace for a "Holidate"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Witches lose their teeth in "The Craft: Legacy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 25, 2013
In “Trance,” Danny Boyle’s new films, thieves conspire to swipe an El Greco from the middle of the London auction where it is expected to fetch many millions. When an auctioneer (James McAvoy) loses track of the painting, the thieves … Continue reading
Ryan Gosling rejoins his “Blue Valentine” director for a movie that bears more of a resemblance to “Drive.” Here, he’s a motorcycle stunt rider corralled into committing robberies. In “Drive,” he was a mechanic/stuntman would-be race car driver who moonlights as a … Continue reading
The principles of ’60s radicalism clash with the murkier morality of those who practiced it in Sally Potter’s sharply observed coming-of-age melodrama, “Ginger & Rosa.” The filmmaker, still best-known for “Orlando” twenty years since that break-out work, presents this conflict … Continue reading