Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
- Netflixable? Shooting it out in Albania with "The Brave"
- Movie Review: A "priest" made in prison, "Corpus Christi"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 25, 2013
In “Trance,” Danny Boyle’s new films, thieves conspire to swipe an El Greco from the middle of the London auction where it is expected to fetch many millions. When an auctioneer (James McAvoy) loses track of the painting, the thieves … Continue reading
Ryan Gosling rejoins his “Blue Valentine” director for a movie that bears more of a resemblance to “Drive.” Here, he’s a motorcycle stunt rider corralled into committing robberies. In “Drive,” he was a mechanic/stuntman would-be race car driver who moonlights as a … Continue reading
The principles of ’60s radicalism clash with the murkier morality of those who practiced it in Sally Potter’s sharply observed coming-of-age melodrama, “Ginger & Rosa.” The filmmaker, still best-known for “Orlando” twenty years since that break-out work, presents this conflict … Continue reading