Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Remembering a hot Disco Era record label, "Spinning Gold"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Movie Review -- "John Wick: Chapter 4"
- Movie Review: The tangled emotional web of "Inez & Doug & Kira"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: August 9, 2020
Silent Film Review: “Shiraz: A Romance of India (1928)”
In 2017, the silent melodrama “Shiraz: A Romance of India” earned a restoration by the British Film Institute. It’s what you got when a German director tackled a British script based on an Indian historical romance play back in … Continue reading
Netflixable? Glib New Yorkers couple and uncouple without a coffee shop in “Almost Love”
“Almost Love” is one of those soapy romances set in that “fantasy” New York where broke people and the affluent mingle, and the broke, young and hip can somehow afford to live there at all. It almost works. The characters … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Netflixable? Glib New Yorkers couple and uncouple without a coffee shop in “Almost Love”
Movie Review: “Tiptoes,” a title that shall live…in infamy
With Gawd as my witness, I swear I had never heard of “Tiptoes,” a cinematic debacle like few others. This is “The Room” packed with future Oscar winners. A “little people” comedy with Gary Oldman playing a dwarf, it was … Continue reading