Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 18, 2020
Ever heard of Keep Shelly in Athens? Keep Shelly in Athens09? Me either. But she/they know the most chilling classic rock song of them all. They do. “Halloween,” “The Stand,” “Scream,” “Zombieland,” “Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey,” too many TV … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Mom Sarandon is dying, and Winslet, Mia W., Rainn Wilson and Sam Neill have to let the “Blackbird” fly
This Sept. 18 release looks like a genuine contender, just from its cast — Oscar winners, past and future, a touching topic.
One moment of dialogue in “Cut Throat City,” the latest thriller from the rapper-turned-director RZA pops out as “improvised” or “added by the director on the set.” It’s a mockery of that “over the top Tarantino s—,” with the punchline … Continue reading
Disney turns its digital animators loose on a serious subject and a “true story,” albeit one in which the animals talk, with “The One and Only Ivan.” It’s about animals, and a silverback gorilla with the title role, living in … Continue reading
If you’ve caught “Creem: America’s Only Rock’n Roll Magazine,” you might want to check out “Ticket to Write,” which beat that documentary into festivals about four years ago and covers a lot of the same ground. “Ticket to Write: The … Continue reading
If this hasn’t happened to you, you must be taking the train or the bus to work. A bit of discourteous driving, a honk on the horn in complaint, and the next thing you know, some raving my-life’s-not-my-fault rageaholic is … Continue reading
For everybody who thought “Connie & Carla” was too upbeat, there’s “Stage Mother,” a drab showcase for the great Jacki Weaver to sing and mother over an unhappy drove of San Fran drag queens. It opens with an overdose and … Continue reading