Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 24, 2020
Ok. Director telling us we’ll be surprised. Totally impartial. But we’ll see.
A teenage fencer survived meningitis, which scarred her face and took her arms and legs. “How can you live without arms or legs?” she cackles, in Italian accented English. Her condition just merits a shrug and a teenaged “S— happens!” … Continue reading
There’s no mistaking “Tom of Your Life” for anything other than an indie comedy of singular vision. A daft, sometimes dizzy and occasionally sentimental dash through relationships, parenting, morality, and life experiences packed into a story of a boy born … Continue reading
The come-on for “The Blech Effect” is a bit of an eye roller. He might “find a cure for Alzheimer’s, IF he can stay out of prison.” Words to that effect “sell” it, but a documentary premised on that is, … Continue reading
I don’t know anyone diagnosed with schizophrenia, but if it’s anything like its visualization in “Words on Bathroom Walls,” it is the quintessence of terror. Yes, this adaptation of Julia Walton’s YA novel is a warm and fuzzy teen romance, … Continue reading