Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 22, 2020
A terrorist group, a bank where their money was allegedly “laundered,” a sting that wasn’t what it seemed to be. “The Andorra Hustle” premieres Sept. 4.
“The Sleepover” is a quick and dirty “Spy Kids” spin where the kids aren’t spies at all. They just miss Mommy and Daddy. Why? Because over-protective Mom (Malin Akerman) and dorky Dad (Ken Marino) have been kidnapped right under the … Continue reading
It opened on over 1800 screens, as not every theater is open. And they all are supposed to have social distancing measures in place, to keep crowds small. “Unhinged” got mixed reviews, a middling zeitgeist thriller starring Russell Crowe gone … Continue reading
Timing is everything, and if ever the time was right for a sunny, shimmering, dizzy and diversity-embracing adaptation of Charles Dickens’ “David Copperfield,” this is it. Armando Iannucci conjures — the only word for it — “The Personal History of … Continue reading
This long awaited Dickens adaptation, “freely adapted” by Armando Ianucci & Co. finally earns wide (ish) release Aug. 28. Where’d I put that sherry? Nothing like it for a Dickens adaptation.