Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: "At Night Comes Wolves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 22, 2020
A terrorist group, a bank where their money was allegedly “laundered,” a sting that wasn’t what it seemed to be. “The Andorra Hustle” premieres Sept. 4.
“The Sleepover” is a quick and dirty “Spy Kids” spin where the kids aren’t spies at all. They just miss Mommy and Daddy. Why? Because over-protective Mom (Malin Akerman) and dorky Dad (Ken Marino) have been kidnapped right under the … Continue reading
It opened on over 1800 screens, as not every theater is open. And they all are supposed to have social distancing measures in place, to keep crowds small. “Unhinged” got mixed reviews, a middling zeitgeist thriller starring Russell Crowe gone … Continue reading
Timing is everything, and if ever the time was right for a sunny, shimmering, dizzy and diversity-embracing adaptation of Charles Dickens’ “David Copperfield,” this is it. Armando Iannucci conjures — the only word for it — “The Personal History of … Continue reading
This long awaited Dickens adaptation, “freely adapted” by Armando Ianucci & Co. finally earns wide (ish) release Aug. 28. Where’d I put that sherry? Nothing like it for a Dickens adaptation.