Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Classic Film Review: Gary Cooper's transgressive-for-its-time "Return to Paradise" (1953)
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 22, 2020
A terrorist group, a bank where their money was allegedly “laundered,” a sting that wasn’t what it seemed to be. “The Andorra Hustle” premieres Sept. 4.
“The Sleepover” is a quick and dirty “Spy Kids” spin where the kids aren’t spies at all. They just miss Mommy and Daddy. Why? Because over-protective Mom (Malin Akerman) and dorky Dad (Ken Marino) have been kidnapped right under the … Continue reading
It opened on over 1800 screens, as not every theater is open. And they all are supposed to have social distancing measures in place, to keep crowds small. “Unhinged” got mixed reviews, a middling zeitgeist thriller starring Russell Crowe gone … Continue reading
Timing is everything, and if ever the time was right for a sunny, shimmering, dizzy and diversity-embracing adaptation of Charles Dickens’ “David Copperfield,” this is it. Armando Iannucci conjures — the only word for it — “The Personal History of … Continue reading
This long awaited Dickens adaptation, “freely adapted” by Armando Ianucci & Co. finally earns wide (ish) release Aug. 28. Where’d I put that sherry? Nothing like it for a Dickens adaptation.