Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 14, 2020
Only you know what your tolerance is for dark, grim stories that offer little hope for justice in an unjust world, little hope for hope itself, for that matter. But “Watch List” is a bleak but riveting thriller worth girding … Continue reading
A layer of “icky” hangs over the French drama “An Easy Girl (Une fille facile)” that highlights the truism that “The French are different from us.” That French reluctance to “tsk tsk” predatory older men hooking up with very young … Continue reading
Whoa. Did not see THAT coming. A comedy series that began life as a cute (ish), lame (ish) NBC promo package to entice American viewers into watching British soccer? A show that tries to turn Jason Sudeikis, who has spent his … Continue reading
Abortion comedies — dramedies by definition — are rare. “Obvious Child” comes to mind. Here’s one in road comedy form (Love the Trans Am) with Haley Lu Richardson, Barbie Ferriera and Giancarlo Esposito. “Unpregnant” comes to HBO Max on September … Continue reading
It opens America’s movie theaters — the biggest chains, anyway — next weekend. A little Russell Crowe “Unhinged” it is, then.
Donald Ray Pollock’s eccentric post WWII novel parks the two Brits on Ohio in a psychological thriller. Lots of atmosphere, amIright? Pattinson is showing more range with every passing year. Damned convincing fire and brimstone preacher here. Coming soon, and … Continue reading