Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: "At Night Comes Wolves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 19, 2020
Oh you have GOT to see this. Seriously. Who doesn’t love to gawk? Somehow Salma Hayek and Alec Baldwin took the title roles as “Drunk Parents,” drinking and flailing and spiraling down the affluence ladder — and trying like Hell … Continue reading
And Sophie Okenedo and Armor Hammer and Russell Brand. Good clean old-fashioned whodunit fun?
It’s a ploy we’re seeing a lot of these days. “Here’s the pilot, subscribe to our cable/streaming/etc service to the see the rest.” I like it. Youtube is where HBO has parked its opening episode of “Lovecraft Country,” the cerebral … Continue reading
“Train to Busan,” the best zombie movie in years, hurled us into a human-caused Korean pandemic and taught us to never ever get too attached to any would-be survivor for long. It had gut-punching pathos blended in with the endless … Continue reading
“The Fantastiks” hung around American life for decades, lingering like The Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Circus. You knew it was there, and it seemed it always has been and always would be — even if you never got around … Continue reading
“Lingua Franca” is a subtle and sensual story of two very different people struggling with secrets, trying to find common ground or even a common language to talk about what’s happening to them and between them. Filipina-American writer-director Isabel Sandoval … Continue reading