Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 10, 2020
A Broadway bust heads home to Wisconsin, where coaching a little girls’ dance squad in a big national competition just might be her ticket back to New York in “Feel the Beat,” a family-friendly comedy that has its moments. True, … Continue reading
Movie Review: Jay Baruchel steps behind the camera for a slasher comic adaptation, “Random Acts of Violence”
That Jay Baruchel. Such a nice boy. Voice of the “How to Train Your Dragon” Viking, lovable guy who knows “She’s Out of My League.” Canadian. A real mensch. But let’s leave as much of that behind as possible for … Continue reading
Forgotten Film Review: O’Toole, Rampling and Von Sydow stumble through “Foxtrot/The Far Side of Paradise (1976)”
There was a time, children, when movie stars were truly larger than life, when deals could be made from hungover breakfast meetings at Cannes and when the movies that emerged from that “system” were as appealing as afterbirth, and about … Continue reading
“Spree” is another tale of socially-isolated/socially-networked lives of quiet desperation gone haywire, a commentary on an amoral age when it’s all about “getting noticed,” no matter how you do it. As a technical exercise in filmmaking within a small space, … Continue reading