Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: A teacher goes off the rails after "The Swerve"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 27, 2020
There’s no denying the utter delight in seeing Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves back in the guises that made them famous, time-traveling slacker-rockers Bill and Ted. Winter’s broad, goofy grin, Reeves’ trademark befuddlement — you don’t realize you’ve missed them … Continue reading
You gawk. You gape. You wonder what the Hell Hulu was thinking. But hey, if Netflix and Amazon are going to push the envelope in “teens behaving badly” comedies, go big or go home, right? Thus, “The Binge,” a sipping … Continue reading
As primal as it is topical, “Buoyancy” is a brutal minimalist thriller about human trafficking in the largely-illegal Thai fishing industry. The violence is a grim slice of reality, the human suffering shockingly common and well-documented. Australia’s selection for contention … Continue reading
A haunted child, the sleepover from Hell. Focus Features has this one. High end horror, in other words. Coming out Halloween. An American “Babadook,” anyone?