Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 27, 2020
There’s no denying the utter delight in seeing Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves back in the guises that made them famous, time-traveling slacker-rockers Bill and Ted. Winter’s broad, goofy grin, Reeves’ trademark befuddlement — you don’t realize you’ve missed them … Continue reading
You gawk. You gape. You wonder what the Hell Hulu was thinking. But hey, if Netflix and Amazon are going to push the envelope in “teens behaving badly” comedies, go big or go home, right? Thus, “The Binge,” a sipping … Continue reading
As primal as it is topical, “Buoyancy” is a brutal minimalist thriller about human trafficking in the largely-illegal Thai fishing industry. The violence is a grim slice of reality, the human suffering shockingly common and well-documented. Australia’s selection for contention … Continue reading
A haunted child, the sleepover from Hell. Focus Features has this one. High end horror, in other words. Coming out Halloween. An American “Babadook,” anyone?