Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 27, 2020
There’s no denying the utter delight in seeing Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves back in the guises that made them famous, time-traveling slacker-rockers Bill and Ted. Winter’s broad, goofy grin, Reeves’ trademark befuddlement — you don’t realize you’ve missed them … Continue reading
You gawk. You gape. You wonder what the Hell Hulu was thinking. But hey, if Netflix and Amazon are going to push the envelope in “teens behaving badly” comedies, go big or go home, right? Thus, “The Binge,” a sipping … Continue reading
As primal as it is topical, “Buoyancy” is a brutal minimalist thriller about human trafficking in the largely-illegal Thai fishing industry. The violence is a grim slice of reality, the human suffering shockingly common and well-documented. Australia’s selection for contention … Continue reading
A haunted child, the sleepover from Hell. Focus Features has this one. High end horror, in other words. Coming out Halloween. An American “Babadook,” anyone?