Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: "At Night Comes Wolves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 23, 2020
Boy, for somebody who has spent years of his life in cinemas, it’s been an awkward “cold turkey” break. So what’s new in the experience? Ticket buying has been migrating to vending machines or cellphone prepurchase. That’s accelerated thanks to … Continue reading
First rate supporting cast. And kudos to the DP who got images out of that murk. Whoo.
Every business in America has been scrambling to come up with a strategy to survive at least until the current incompetent administration and its state and local level cultists are thrown out or emasculated. Cinemas are particularly hamstrung in this … Continue reading
Viggo stars as the gay son his reactionary father (Lance Henriksen) never accepted. Viggo also directed “Falling” which has hit a few festivals.
It’s British, so naturally it’s classier.
“Hallelujah?” Bit strong, as far as reactions go. HBO next year will let us learn if this movie not many liked could be saved by the guy who made such a hash of it the first time.