Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 26, 2020
Look for this drama on Sept. 29.
“The Argument” is an indie comedy built on the frame that supported that favorite of community theaters, far and wide — “Noises Off.” Show us a frazzled, rattled and unsatisfactory story — one that leads to an “argument,” in this … Continue reading
A British period piece that mixes 1840s fossil hunting and same sex romance? Smashing!
The Oscar winning Hawkins goes medicated, depressed and possibly in love for this Brt dramedy. https://youtu.be/NiqwtgZzbds
Let’s see what all the fuss is about, shall we? “Tenet,” much shuffled about on the release slate, opens Sept. 3.