Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: "At Night Comes Wolves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 31, 2020
A ghost story, a little horror from Netflix, which hasn’t made much of mark in the genre.
“Critical Thinking” is a cluttered, cliched and ungainly story about disadvantaged kids becoming a formidable chess team under the tutelage of a teacher/coach who “won’t give up on them.” It’s the feature directing debut of star John Leguizamo, who plays … Continue reading
There are worse labels a filmmaker could pursue that “That old softie.” That’s Brett Haley’s niche. The director of “The Hero” and “Hearts Beat Loud” serves up another slice of sentiment with “All Together Now,” a high school “It’s a … Continue reading
The old showbiz maxim “Always leave’em begging for more” is pushed beyond its limits in “Mambo Man,” a perfectly charming and utterly predictable Cuban dramedy that is over entirely too soon. It’s about a Cuban entrepreneur, a pig and tomato … Continue reading