Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 16, 2020
Documentary Review — “Love Express: The Disappearance of Walerian Borowczyk” remembers a forgotten filmmaker
I can’t remember where I saw his most famous feature film, but I distinctly remember catching the cut-and-paste/found objects-animated short films of Walerian Borowczyk at a college film society some decades ago. I remember that because I mentioned to a … Continue reading
A Dec. 8 release, looks like a generic sci-fi shoot-em-up, “Clone Wars” without the capes. And space ships.
Jules Wilcox is the star in this horror tale from our friends at Magnet,the blood-curdling mean sister to Magnolia Pictures. Travel tip? Stalkers are always in late model Jeep Grand Cherokees. That tool tailgaiting and screaming at any bumper sticker … Continue reading
“Mad to be Normal” is an “Awakening” or “Patch Adams” Robin Williams never got around to. It’s another sympathetic big screen biography of a doctor with the audacity to listen to his patients and actually care about them. But R.D. … Continue reading