Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 16, 2020
Documentary Review — “Love Express: The Disappearance of Walerian Borowczyk” remembers a forgotten filmmaker
I can’t remember where I saw his most famous feature film, but I distinctly remember catching the cut-and-paste/found objects-animated short films of Walerian Borowczyk at a college film society some decades ago. I remember that because I mentioned to a … Continue reading
A Dec. 8 release, looks like a generic sci-fi shoot-em-up, “Clone Wars” without the capes. And space ships.
Jules Wilcox is the star in this horror tale from our friends at Magnet,the blood-curdling mean sister to Magnolia Pictures. Travel tip? Stalkers are always in late model Jeep Grand Cherokees. That tool tailgaiting and screaming at any bumper sticker … Continue reading
“Mad to be Normal” is an “Awakening” or “Patch Adams” Robin Williams never got around to. It’s another sympathetic big screen biography of a doctor with the audacity to listen to his patients and actually care about them. But R.D. … Continue reading