Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 15, 2020
Here’s the “all in” moment for Netflix’s latest dabble in super-heroism, “Project Power.” New Orleans rapper/drug dealer and sidekick Robin (Dominique Fishback) has just been told their next impossible task by pill-popping avenger cop Frank. “There’s like a THOUSAND guys … Continue reading
One of America’s greatest documentary filmmakers adds another exclamation point to her resume with “Desert One,” a thorough and moving remembrance of the failed Special Forces mission to rescue American Embassy hostages being held in Iran. Barbara Kopple, a two-time … Continue reading
Movie Review: French nudists, WWII reenactors and a mismatched couple confront “The Bare Necessity” of life
Here’s a screwball farce from France released with more than a few screws loose. “The Bare Necessity” or “Perdrix” as it was titled in Europe, is a collection of eccentrics under assault by other eccentrics. But piling them all into … Continue reading
Foreigners and locals meet and mingle and ponder many things — including love, in this Tokyo tale based on a Catherine Hanrahan novel. Sept.18 is when this one hits theaters.