Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Documentary Review: A Great Writer writes and remembers -- "The War and Peace of Tim O'Brien"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 13, 2020
How do you feel about Ethan Hawke, playing the mistreated inventor Nikola Tesla in a hoarse, unaccented whisper, stepping up to the mike and covering the Tears for Fears hit, “Everybody Wants to Rule the World?” We’ve already seen the … Continue reading
Ariela is 16, looks 14, and is all about risk and rebellion. We meet her (Shira Haas) as she’s recklessly riding, strapped to the roll bar of a fellow Israeli teen’s pickup. They roll up at a construction site rave, … Continue reading
Aug. 20, one week from today, brace yourself for a movie theater mob scene. AMC is calling it “1920 prices” as a way of luring folks back into Cinemas. One Twitter wag noted that “1918 prices” would have been “too … Continue reading
“The Driftless Area” is as good a representation of Anton Yelchin’s acting and role selection as you’re going to find. A mystical, moody and cryptic dramatic thriller with wry touches, it was “Indie” with capital “I,” so obscure as to … Continue reading
“Around the Sun” is a simple, talky two-hander — just two actors, a lovely location, a little charm and lots and lots of words. It’s a courtship of the mind with dashes of wit, dollops of melodrama and drops of … Continue reading