Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 6, 2020
Toni Collette and David Thewlis play the parents of Jesse Plemons, with Jessie Buckley as the girlfriend who has to witness this little family strife. Sept. 4 on Netflix
Damn, I’d like to have seen this one with an audience, in a re-opened cinema. Yes, the only reason to interview filmmaker Jayro Bustamente would be to ask “Why on Earth did you give your movie the exact same title … Continue reading
Here’s an interesting artifact I stumbled upon while prowling the free streaming channel Tubi (it’s also on Youtube), a 1969 British TV special that’s a piece of “How I see myself” autobiography from Peter Sellers. Documentarian Tony Palmer (“Leonard Cohen: … Continue reading
Oh to be say, 13 and trapped indoors with AC and Netflix during a long, hot pandemic summer. That’s your target audience for “Malibu Rescue,” the TV series, the (now two) movies from Savage Steve Holland, who got his start … Continue reading
When you name your junky-abducted-by-aliens genre movie “Fried Barry,” you set up certain expectations. When your opening scene is an early ’60s looking “official warning viewers of what is coming, that it’s “classified” as “18,” and all manner of violence, … Continue reading