Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 17, 2020
That’s Will Smith & Kevin Hart replacing Steve Martin and John Candy in the John Hughes holiday staple. This has “can’t miss” written all over it. Smith can get his dander up with the best of them. “Aww HELL naw!” … Continue reading
The broad, satiric swipes of the French farce “Wonders in the Suburbs” are the only punches to land — or at least achieve “near miss” — in this flailing comedy of mores, values and leftist idealism put to the test … Continue reading
One of the benefits of the streaming era is that all these content platforms are so starved for something to show us that what might previously have been regarded as “disposable” still has value. “Monty Python’s Flying Circus” premiered over … Continue reading
It’s become a subgenre of documentaries, films capturing the last days of a beloved book store, video emporium, bar, restaurant, porn seller or record shop. We meet the staff, hear the history, learn just what the place has meant to … Continue reading