Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 17, 2020
That’s Will Smith & Kevin Hart replacing Steve Martin and John Candy in the John Hughes holiday staple. This has “can’t miss” written all over it. Smith can get his dander up with the best of them. “Aww HELL naw!” … Continue reading
The broad, satiric swipes of the French farce “Wonders in the Suburbs” are the only punches to land — or at least achieve “near miss” — in this flailing comedy of mores, values and leftist idealism put to the test … Continue reading
One of the benefits of the streaming era is that all these content platforms are so starved for something to show us that what might previously have been regarded as “disposable” still has value. “Monty Python’s Flying Circus” premiered over … Continue reading
It’s become a subgenre of documentaries, films capturing the last days of a beloved book store, video emporium, bar, restaurant, porn seller or record shop. We meet the staff, hear the history, learn just what the place has meant to … Continue reading