Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Classic Film Review: Gary Cooper's transgressive-for-its-time "Return to Paradise" (1953)
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 17, 2020
That’s Will Smith & Kevin Hart replacing Steve Martin and John Candy in the John Hughes holiday staple. This has “can’t miss” written all over it. Smith can get his dander up with the best of them. “Aww HELL naw!” … Continue reading
The broad, satiric swipes of the French farce “Wonders in the Suburbs” are the only punches to land — or at least achieve “near miss” — in this flailing comedy of mores, values and leftist idealism put to the test … Continue reading
One of the benefits of the streaming era is that all these content platforms are so starved for something to show us that what might previously have been regarded as “disposable” still has value. “Monty Python’s Flying Circus” premiered over … Continue reading
It’s become a subgenre of documentaries, films capturing the last days of a beloved book store, video emporium, bar, restaurant, porn seller or record shop. We meet the staff, hear the history, learn just what the place has meant to … Continue reading